New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hi sirs/mams, need your inputs.

For the past three weeks when I do a cold start, my car produces choking sounds and vibrates more than usual. What I do is turn the engine off then start it again after minute. Usually it the engine will go back to normal on the third try.

I called MQA and reported th issue, then scheduled a checkup. Upon arrival i was told I need to leave the car there so they can replicate the problem. I said I need to use the car that day (not knowing I need to leave the car at the casa) so I will observe then if the problem occurs again, i will give them a call. I left, went to caltex to refuel, then went to Trinoma. arrived at the parking around 1pm, then went back to my car around 4pm. Now for the first time, my car won't start at all. After 5 minutes of trying to start the car it did start, then I drove staight to MQA. left my car there to be observed.

I gave them a call today (Monday Apr 18) to ask for updates, then to my surprise they said most probably they need to do something with the fuel tank but nothing specific yet They gave me an estimate of around 9K+ for the service/repair/fuel. But my car is only 9 months old, i brought it to them last Feb for it's 6th-month checkup, and been using the car almost everyday with an average daily run of 15km. BTW I use Caltex Silver/Gold 80% of the time, Total unleaded 20% of the time when i there is no Caltex station nearby.

Question is, how do I deal with this? My car is still under warranty, I have religiously took care of it, and am sure that gasoline will only go stale if it's stuck in the engine for 25 days and up.

Anyone who encountered the same problem? Or anyone who could suggest how to deal with this? Please advice. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can insist with claiming it against the car's warranty, depending on the part that is causing your problem.

If your service adviser says otherwise, you can ask to talk to his manager.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    **sorry double post**

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    *ghosthunter
    sir thanks for the input. i did some research and most of them says that the problem could be on the fuel pump.

anyone else encountered the same hard-starting problem? Hay sakit sa ulo, bumili ka nga ng bagong kotse, ganito naman..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Peyupsrf2 View Post
    *ghosthunter
    sir thanks for the input. i did some research and most of them says that the problem could be on the fuel pump.

anyone else encountered the same hard-starting problem? Hay sakit sa ulo, bumili ka nga ng bagong kotse, ganito naman..

I had a similar problem but with an older car ('99 Corolla). Blocked fuel line due to accumulation of dirt.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Peyupsrf2 View Post
    *ghosthunter

walang pinipiling sasakyan ang breakdown ng fuelpump,bagong kotse o hindi kapag yan ang nagloko, palit na talaga....Most probably sa fuel pump na nga.buti nga hard starting pa lang, yung iba,biglaan ayaw na talaga umistart,panay lang redondo ng starter,pero ayaw magtuloy ang gasolina....siste, hatak na.

insist mo sa warranty bro,gaya ng sabi ni broGH, kapag ayaw ng SA,sa manager ka magpunta.....

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    This happened to my '07 at around the 10k kilometer mark.

Try this: when the car starts up and is shaking, give it a lot of gas so that the RPM goes up. The shaking should go away. Leave the RPM at 2000+ for maybe 20-30 seconds. When you release it, the RPM (hopefully) will be stable again.

I ignored the problem (hard starting) until one fine day.. ayaw na mag start. Was parked at the Philippine Band of Mercy (near SSS on East Ave). Had to have it trucked to the casa. Buti nalang may roadside assistance (na libre! yung 1st-year free roadside assistance ni Mazda). Pero ang tagal dumating yung truck (past 8pm) galit yung manong na nagbabantay ng parking kasi di siya makauwi.

In my case it was due to carbon buildup in the intake. Mazda had to take the cylinder head off and clean it. Not covered under warranty as well since they said it was due to dirty fuel and poor usage (low revs all the time, short trips so the engine didn't warm up enough).

After the carbon removal I used Petron fuel exclusively and things seem to be ok now. It still shakes a bit sometimes (maybe 5% of the time when it starts) but giving it the gas makes the shakes go away.
    Last edited by orly_andico; April 19th, 2011 at 02:26 AM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last week, my customer was a mazda 3 with 31,000 km mileage on it. The problem is fuel pump. Also fix his Stop light switch, due to poor contact.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow. that should be a warranty issue. have you tried other gasoline brands? go petron xtra.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    bago pa pala ser ang kotse nyo. you should have it done under warranty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast