New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Please ..we can't decide which to buy between these 3 SUVs..

What are the pros & cons of these 3?? please please

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    you posted this in the wrong section man. Hopefully this will get moved. My vote goes for the X-Trail.

Entry level Compact SUVs aren't really Mazda's niche in the Phils (unless they bring in the CX-7). Technically the Tribby is similar to the Ford Escape. Still the Tribby is a very good SUV has better front leg room and interior for taller/larger drivers than the CRV, but has average fuel economy. The CRV has the same dillema too but has the more sportier look. Xtrail have the best balance of everything.

See the following articles.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49589

http://www.newcars.com/honda/crv/rev...a-tribute.html

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/dir...w/.ef06292/271

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post
    you posted this in the wrong section man. Hopefully this will get moved. My vote goes for the X-Trail.

Entry level Compact SUVs aren't really Mazda's niche in the Phils (unless they bring in the CX-7). Technically the Tribby is similar to the Ford Escape. Still the Tribby is a very good SUV has better front leg room and interior for taller/larger drivers than the CRV, but has average fuel economy. The CRV has the same dillema too but has the more sportier look. Xtrail have the best balance of everything.
    thank you very much..it's a big help. Sorry if i posted this in the wrong section.Actually my family really loves the interior (leather seats, sound system)/exterior (includes the roof rail) of 2008 Mazda Tribute (touring edition) not to mention the various freebies that they offer.

X-trail's exterior is also adorable but we're not fascinated with the sound system (a little too oldies,still with cassette player?), no leather seats either for 200, only in 250.

CR-V is my personal choice (sana), but because of it's high price value compared to the 2 above, i really am having second thoughts. Besides, seats are not leather, no roof rails (they just put provision for one) etc.

The reason i posted this is to know what other car owners will advise us (aside from of course the physical looks that i mentioned) regarding other factors to consider i.e. fuel consumption, reliability, riding comfort and the likes..

thanks again for your time and effort

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    i remember a movie where Kirten Dunst was in it. she was I think 12 or 13 years old only, and the mazda tribute was there also.

i also remember when I was new at Fitness first. 2 guys in a treadmill beside me were talking about the X-trail in promo installment. that was year 2004.

these car bodies are old. even if it's 200K less, i wont even bother to spend my money on it. but if it's half less, that'll change my mind. hehehe

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    For me among the 3 suvs you mentioned I'd get the CRV. It has better resale value, the best fuel consumption among the 3, good suspension, and its the newest model among your choices. The xtrail and tribute are about to be replaced by newer models soon.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The CR-V is much better... best engine (economy - power balance), best transmission, most modern... but you'll have to upgrade to leather seats. The cloth seats are horribly hard.

The Tribute has the best handling balance of the three... with a very smooth ride... the CR-V is a little stiff-ish, but nowhere near as bad as the previous CR-V. The Tribby is a sweet deal at the current price (you can also check out the 4x2 Escape, since it's the basically the same thing, and Ford offers bigger incentives and warranties)... but it's up to you if you can live with a dated vehicle design.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The CR-V is much better... best engine (economy - power balance), best transmission, most modern... but you'll have to upgrade to leather seats. The cloth seats are horribly hard.

The Tribute has the best handling balance of the three... with a very smooth ride... the CR-V is a little stiff-ish, but nowhere near as bad as the previous CR-V. The Tribby is a sweet deal at the current price (you can also check out the 4x2 Escape, since it's the basically the same thing, and Ford offers bigger incentives and warranties)... but it's up to you if you can live with a dated vehicle design.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2008 Mazda Tribute vs 2006 (upgraded) Nissan X-trail vs Honda CRV (3rd Gen)