New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm browsing the forums and found not much details regarding this particular van.

Any tsikot peeps who had an experience with this van? Particularly the 1997/98 model.

Any pros and cons?

TIA!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    masikip. definitely masikip.
    power-wise, it has good response ... until half-loaded anyway, full load and it will slow down. note "slow" and not crawl like the toyota lite ace. i think yung 97/98 were the ones with a cooler (refrigerator) already.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Other than its so-so performance when loaded with passengers, the E2000 Power Van like most forward control vans(flat fronted vans) lack a proper front crumple zone, In other words, its not that safe by modern standards.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    But by asian van standards, it's okay. Definitely better than an L300. My cousin's E2000 has so many dents it's not funny.

Parts are not as easy to find as L300, but they're not impossible, and not that expensive. My cousin's E2000 is almost fifteen years old and still running. Only major repair (besides usual alternator and AC repair) was a broken water pump a few years ago... and despite that, the engine has never been opened.

Power when there are just a few passengers is great, especially compared to small capacity diesel vans. The E2000 might get up to 160 if you really feel brave (don't know if it'll push 170... might be too "square" for high speed wind resistance) and the engine feels athletic. It's also torquey for a gas engine. It's kind of heavier than the L300, so it feels a bit more stable at speed.

The seats in the back aren't all that great, but there's more room than in most vans... definitely a bit more than the L300. Feels humongous inside, but kind of cheap. Never liked the AC, but remember, the one I've driven is ancient.

I don't know much about fuel-efficiency. I'll ask my cuz and get back to you on that one.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M
    masikip. definitely masikip.
    i beg to disagree. we have E2000 van courtesy of francisco motors. pag nasa labas ka mukhang masikip talaga pero pag pasok mo sa loob magugulat ka at maluwag pala.

engine power is not quite good compared to its competitors. yet a good transporter.
    Last edited by SunTzu; January 12th, 2006 at 11:17 AM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I bet the next question would be : 'HOw much does it cost today (mdl 97/98)?".

Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The E2000 Power van i've looked at has only two rows of bench type seating. The first row swivels 180deg and could fully recline na parang kama.

Bale 2-3-3 yung seating arrangement nya.

Ranged against the same year model of a vanette which would you choose?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    owner din ako ng e2000 masikip ang driver seat nya dahil sa seat belt ehh nag proprotrude. not that fuel efficient bat responsive siya. sa aerodynamics have to say 120 kph and it would start shaking and gets harder to control at high speed. at medyo poor ata ang air ventilation ng engine nya kaya prone din sa overheat aside from that reliable naman.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SunTzu
    i beg to disagree. we have E2000 van courtesy of francisco motors. pag nasa labas ka mukhang masikip talaga pero pag pasok mo sa loob magugulat ka at maluwag pala.

engine power is not quite good compared to its competitors. yet a good transporter.
    in the passenger area maybe, but i'm on the heavy side and i find the driver's seat quite small. our lite ace is just slightly more comfortable.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M
    but i'm on the heavy side and i find the driver's seat quite small.
    i understand sir.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Mazda E2000 Power Van, what can you say?