New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    mabuhay po!
    my name is marlon from the us. i am moving to the philippines in may and i love to drift. i wanted to know if there are there rx7s in the philippines? like the fc3s-1986-1991 and fd3s-1993-1995... i know there are miatas there because i saw one when i was in makati last may...
    maraming salamat po for your replies!
    marlon

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there are quite a few FCs and FDs running around here.

although, most local drift guys favor silvias, toyotas, etc
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    im a mazda guy 100%. i have a miata here in the us. i used to have an fc so i wanted another one. here in the states all they use are silvias and 86's... how expensive are fcs and fds, and also the silvias and 86s there? are the silvias real silvias with the sr20?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ...I was askin' a similar question, since I'm planning on moving back to makati. I know there's a few RX8's in Manila/Makati and I've seena few FD's but I don't think that there's an existing rotary community back in PI. I might try to ship my RX8 or my rotary powered AE86 (if I finish it in time) and hopefully be able to participate on local drift events.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    bro, im moving there too! im contemplating bringing my miata parts and buying a miata there, but i want to play with a new car and just leave my miata here in the states til i come back... we should start something when we're both there!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    yeah, I just got a quote from the shipping co... they want $2K to ship my RX8. and i just found out the they won't ship old cars, so my AE86 is out of the equation now. maybe I'll just try to find another 2nd gen and bring my leftover parts from my old FC. where are you located?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Rx7s here in the Philippines is rare but you can buy Rx7 at cebu but they are converted some are original left made in the U.S.
    Maybe you can join http://www.gearspeedmotorsports.tk

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by d j View Post
    yeah, I just got a quote from the shipping co... they want $2K to ship my RX8. and i just found out the they won't ship old cars, so my AE86 is out of the equation now. maybe I'll just try to find another 2nd gen and bring my leftover parts from my old FC. where are you located?
    $2K to ship the car then you have to pay all the taxes which would equal almost the value of the car.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by myfonti View Post
    im a mazda guy 100%. i have a miata here in the us. i used to have an fc so i wanted another one. here in the states all they use are silvias and 86's... how expensive are fcs and fds, and also the silvias and 86s there? are the silvias real silvias with the sr20?
    Most are RHD coverted to LHD Silvias with the SR20DET engine.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hey marlon, welcome to tsikot dude. there's an rx7 club here that uses a deserted container truck park to practice drifting dito sa may amin.

Quote Originally Posted by d j View Post
    did you know if you had to pay full taxes upon importing the car? my dad says you can bring home a car tax-free if you meet certain criteria as a 'balikbayan' but we're not sure how that works...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
drift mazdas