New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My folks and I took a look at a '98 MAzda MPV up for sale last weekend. The van has 66K on the odo, is generally OK, and more importantly, its a first owner who's selling it (migrating to the US).

If the selling price and our finances are ok, we might seriously consider it (pretty comfy and the engine offers good engine power) but right now we have concerns with regard to parts and service of this particular vehicle. I feel Columbian Motors and it's dealers most likely didnt stock up on parts for this and it isnt as popular as the Mazda 323/Familia.

Does anyone have any feedback on this van with regards to service/parts? Is there any shop I can try to contact/look at to check on various parts availability and cost?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ***bump...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    autorama sa banawe dun ako bumibili panalo itong saksakyan na ito. do ko pag papalit sa ibang suv hehehe pis mga kaibigan pero sulit talaga siya. madyo dapat lang matyaga ka sa pag hanap ng parts. ako dito sa marikina nakakakuha din ng parts my inter changeable sa kia at ford na mga parts.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How much is the asking price?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ano engine nyan?? R2??

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe... long time no see na 'tong thread na to. The owner sold it to someone else for around 275K (one year ago).

Seems like it uses an engine similar to the Ranger and Everest engines.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    di ko alam ang exact model ng engine pero pareho daw siya ng b2500 na pick up. un nga lang naka intercooler turbo siya. panalo ang sasakyan na ito. honestly nakasakay na ako sa pajero at patrol mas masarap ang ride nito. hanep pa sa tipid mga nakaka 17km/l ito sa highway. basta tamang mga 80 lang ang andar mo. un lang talagang tyagaan ang pag hahanap ng parts kasi minsan nauubusan sa autorama hehehe. peace out

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee91874
    un lang talagang tyagaan ang pag hahanap ng parts kasi minsan nauubusan sa autorama hehehe. peace out
    This is what made us think twice about getting the one we were looking at. Very nice and solid van... lakas hatak

' 98 Mazda MPV diesel: Parts and Service?