New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    baka may alam kayo mabilis na way. eto usual route ko from there.

i am near katipunan, kaya katipunan, tapos stud farm then commonwealth. then regalado, then right sa may sm fairview. tpos derederetso na until we reach tiera del sueno, which is abt 3kms past tungko.

prblem kc lagi trfic on the way to tungko. minsan abot ng 1hr trafic.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by junnquinto2006 View Post

i am near katipunan, kaya katipunan, tapos stud farm then commonwealth. then regalado, then right sa may sm fairview. tpos derederetso na until we reach tiera del sueno, which is abt 3kms past tungko.

yung route namin mas mahaba, pero usually mas mabilis ang byahe.

nlex, exit ng marilao, kanan, tapos kaliwa dirediretso hanggang muzon, tapos kanan papuntang tungko.

sabi ko usually. kasi kapag sunday dami tao sa divine mercy traffic din.

pwede din umikot ng bocaue, kaso sobra layo na for you siguro. kami kasi galing ng qc so hindi masyado malaki ang difference kung pa fairview or nlex ang route.

saka ngayon yata madaming ginagawang kalsada doon kasi sobrang pangit ng road na.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    junnquinto2006 & AnuVaYan - I know both routes you mentioned and I guess you just have to choose between them what's more convenient. It looks like junn's area is on the other side of SJDM, crossing the intersection at Tungko, so I guess his current route is faster.

There is another route after you exit Marilao (exit),- you turn left earlier and this road brings you to Sta. Maria, Bulacan just before the bridge. So you make a U-turn to go back to San Jose Del Monte (long way)....

3404:surfing:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm not sure kung open na ang gate ng la mesa ecopark early in the morning (?) tapos ang lusot mo sa quirino highway na dun sa may dela costa homes lagro.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005

I think this is the best way.

:eat: [SIZE="1"]3132[/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006

prblem kc lagi trafic on the way to tungko. minsan abot ng 1hr trafic.

It's the best way, I'm from that area too.

The only problem right now was the Caloocan (Sampaguita area) boundary where only one lane was being used both in and out coming from the boundary bridge. At this point you can either enter the Malaria (Tala Estate) and go to Camarin area and there's a Subdivision there that you need to pay P10 toll fee to pass the other side bridge, this route will end at the Tungko road near the short cut to SJDM Municipal Hall. It was a long trip but no traffic.

The La Mesa dam route is open only to valid sticker holders and with special permit.

There was a shorter route bypassing the traffic area but it is not open to public, it was the new and still under construction subdivision by the Araneta and Sta Lucia (Colinas Verdes). It has an entrance/exit in Mountain Heights and fronting Pleasant Hills Subdivision.

For me I'm used to the traffic, anyway its moving so I just stay in line and wait for my turn to pass that road reconstruction bottleneck. There are times that I use the Tungko-Camarin route if traffic was at stand still specially in the morning.

Well its life every morning and evening you'll see a lot of people walking bypassing the traffic and leaving behind those public transport jeepneys and busses. Every year there's a road reconstruction at that area and still those from the public works can't figure out that its about time that a new and wider bridge should replaced that two way bridge having single lane for opposite sides.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Went to SJDM yesterday via Marilao. Baku-bako rin ang daan, pero, manageable. Pero, going to Grotto,- hindi ko sigurado. Last time,- sobra ang sira ng kalye....

OT: On our way back to Manila, we took the route going to Sta. Maria. The road condition was a pleasant surprise dahil kaunti lang ang mga baku-bako. There are 3 or 4 instances where you have to wait because one half of the road is under repair (one-way lang ang daan), but generally, ayos naman....

Never bothered to pass by that route(which is via Fairview) because I was informed that traffic will be a nightmare because of the road repair at Malaria et al...

3505:kodak:

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I think there is another way. You take NLEX and exit at Sta. Maria, Bulacan (Bocaue exit)... And then you pass by the town proper of Sta. Maria, taking the road to Bulak. At the end of that road is SJDM. You turn right and then pass by Francisco Homes. You are now on the the other side of Tungko.

Medyo paikot, pero less traffic because the road to Bulak is less taken....

3505:kodak:

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    An alternative route could be:

from Marikina drive straight to the junction of San Mateo and turn left at the bridge towards Batasan Road, at the junction then turn right towards Montalban and follow the road just beside the La Mesa Reserve that leads toward Sition Karahume in San Jose Del Monte Bulacan. This is already within the area of Palmera?Carissa home in SJDM.

The road is not paved but is passable. It usally onlt takes me 45 minutes from Sitio Karahume to Commonwealth Ave. Walang traffic but I would not advise you to pass via this route at nighttime.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Ito route ko when visiting my parents, iwas traffic sa Tunko, which I think the best route for me (You need to be familiar to Bagong Silang and Gaya-gaya/Panaklayan SJDM)

SM Fairview then take the road to Bagong Silang then to Evergreen subdivision (toll fee P10) take Panaklayan Road labas mo ay Gaya-gaya SJDM you can take the Daang Baryo to go to San Jose town proper.

recommend route please... Marikina to Sn Jose del Monte Bulacan