New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I do remember hearing some not so good remarks about the second generation Range Rover 2 which came out in '95 I think. Have seen well maintained units (97 I think) selling for about Php1.5M. I really like the classic lines of this second generation. Am aware though of how atrocious ownership cost can be with the complicated mechanicals like the air suspension. Not to mention the 4 km/liter fuel consumption. Not really bothered so much with the thirst for gas as I have always owned petrol suvs with automatic trannies and have never really gone beyond 4km/liter consumption in the city. What do you guys think? Anyone here who owns or has owned one? Would appreciate your detailed pros and cons from your actual experience or from detailed feedback from owners. Tempted to get one as a weekend driver or for car ban days. Your thoughts please. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    There's a reason for the low price (just saw a '96 for 800k) and the reason is the air suspension. Just the air pump alone is 100k. I've also seen units with converted suspensions, naging talbugin naman. I don't own one, but know or talked to many who've gotten rid of theirs (and tried out the matalbog unit). So, kahit I'm sorely tempted, wag na lang.

I'd like to be refuted though... 800k for a LuxUV is so tempting...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd rather get a Discovery1 which used the Range Rover 'Classic' 100" chassis. It has no air suspension but the long travel coils provide a good ride.

www.discoweb.org is a good online resource.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

otep: naka usap ko yung sa marcos hiway, sold na daw. Before meron silang converted and orig na LHD. Yung converted 600k lang, V8. Yung LHD I dunno. Bihira daw dating. Ang hindi ko ma-reconcile is ang baba ng ratings ng mga otong ito sa lahat ng site na napuntahan ko and yet when it comes to extreme expeditions, puro Land Rover gamit. Maybe hindi talaga daily drive ang mga rigs na ito. Palagay nyo?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    GaryQ, tumawag yung tiga-LRCP sakin. Less than Php600k na lang daw yung white Discovery sa Antipolo.

Kaso its too bare bones. Manual tranny, single a/c, cloth seats, no sunroofs.

Ok din sana ang Range Rover II but mahal pa ang bentahan and halos lahat V8. Bihira ang diesel (gray import pa ata).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Range Rover 2 - What do you think?