New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    hi guys! reliable na ba yung stock keyless entry ng 2008 Sportage? hindi ba prone to being hacked ng mga scanners yung remote nya? :D did you keep the stock keyless entry system or replaced it with a better alarm system?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    jologs ng remote no sir?
    black & chrome...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    *xxx -- honga eh! hehehe! pero so far it works fine naman. i would have preferred the remote to be built in the key pero etong binigay sa atin. hehehe!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jondextan View Post
    hi guys! reliable na ba yung stock keyless entry ng 2008 Sportage? hindi ba prone to being hacked ng mga scanners yung remote nya? :D did you keep the stock keyless entry system or replaced it with a better alarm system?
    hi jondextan,

any alarm system is just to deter the car thef from getting your car.. Kahit pa pinaka mahal and high tech ang alarm system mo, the car jackers will find a way to get your car. Konting pag ingat pa din, if you think that the place is not safe, find a secured parking space or otherwise don't park at all...

btw, you said keyless entry ? better check if there is anti-thef option.. yun iba kasi keyless lang talaga and no alarm.. Eto yung nangyari sa 1st batch na 2nd gen carnival.. puro keyless entry lang and no alarm.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    keyless entry systems basically work the same way whether they are high end or not.

on the other hand, alarm systems can vary a lot. really depends on the sensitivity. some alarms that are too sensitive can be very annoying, though.

since oem yung sa inyo, expect a decent worksmanship for the unit and proper installation was done for your keyless entry. not sure about the sensitivity of the alarm. that should be a good enough deterent for thieves.

most aftermarket keyless entry systems and alarms are installed on cars because they didn't have one to start with or may have damaged the existing one.

there's also a possibility that some aftermarket systems may not be of good quality and may not be properly installed.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    so far, my 08 sportage's alarm is okay naman. it's sensitivity is just right and i saw how it was installed when i had a turbo timer installed and maganda and malinis nga. :D

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    did you install a turbo timer? IMO, columbian motors will void your engine warranty if you install one.. Since you're in Davao, please clarify that with your dealer.. Maarte ang columbian motors, kahit motor oil ayaw ng ibang brand gusto nila yung KIA OEM OIL lang...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    *imperialv -- when i asked about it sa dealership dito medyo hindi klaro ang sagot sakin, mag write daw ako ng letter for approval etc etc. so i had one installed na pwedeng tanggalin without any trace (i hope, as the installer told me) incase kailangan ipa check sa casa. as far as i can see as i was there with the install, lahat nakatago and walang cuts and holes na ginawa :D

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jondextan View Post
    *imperialv -- when i asked about it sa dealership dito medyo hindi klaro ang sagot sakin, mag write daw ako ng letter for approval etc etc. so i had one installed na pwedeng tanggalin without any trace (i hope, as the installer told me) incase kailangan ipa check sa casa. as far as i can see as i was there with the install, lahat nakatago and walang cuts and holes na ginawa :D
    anyway, ingat ka na lang pre.. alam ko kasi medyo maarte ang columbian regarding sa warranty. I just can't recall if I got that info from the dealer or from columbian itselt since I know their national service adviser.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    *imperialv -- thanks for the heads up! :D will do.

Keyless Entry - reliable?