New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    The AFP paraded its new trucks bought from Korea during its 72nd Anniversary parade on December 20:

Korea's Kia Motors supplied 651 KM45 series troop carriers to the AFP.

read more...
    Last edited by Steeljack; December 22nd, 2007 at 11:00 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Looks fine. What are those two hooks (on the bumper) for? I seem them even in HMMVs.

What's the spec of these rides?

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Di ba yung mga iba nyan ay based from the Kia Ceres chassis? Tibay ang Ceres

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The hooks look like they are for towing.

I got more info on Kia military trucks from http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ld/rok/kia.htm

The site says:

The KM45 Series of 4x4 Trucks are designed to be used on all types of roads, highways and cross-country terrain. They will ford hard-bottom water crossings to a depth of 760mm. These vehicles are equipped with a six cylinder 115ps diesel engine, a five-speed transmission and a two-speed transfer case which transmits power to the front and rear axle. Transmission and transfer case speed ranges are selected manually through a shifting lever in the operator's compartment. The vehicle cab has a removable canvas paulin. All truck models are equipped with a 24V electrical system and electrically operated wiper motors, and also E.M.I(Electro Magnetic Interference) suppression.
    Another interesting site I found with lots of Kia jeep/truck photos was http://www.angelfire.com/nb2/jeeppickups/Kia.html

It's nice to be reminded that my Sedona has very rugged and formidable cousins

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeljack View Post
    The AFP paraded its new trucks bought from Korea during its 72nd Anniversary parade on December 20:

Korea's Kia Motors supplied [SIZE=4]651[/SIZE] KM45 series troop carriers to the AFP.
    Hindi ba sila makakatipid kung sa pinas galing or pinoy made(design) with a brand new local engines? Targeting the the similar specs and materials to KM45 series troop carriers. Para naman kahit minsan Pinas naman ang mag export.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Are they selling a civilian model of this?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Well, we pinoys really have the ability to produce vehicles same as the koreans and the japanese. i THINK katamaran yata ang umiiral or maybe lack of funds on designing and especially in engineering to produce these warfare tools.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we did once, we exported the Toyota/Delta Mini cruisers...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    It looks like a Scout for me.
    iam3739.com

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rodcarolino View Post
    we did once, we exported the Toyota/Delta Mini cruisers...
    Sana itinuloy na lang nila yung pag-export o kaya i-modify man lang yung industry natin sa engineering. Para kumita naman si Juan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
New Kia military trucks from Korea