New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hi guys! Im planning to get a Kia Rio MT. During test drive, i found out that the reverse gear is located beside the 1st gear. In order to shift from neutral to reverse, you need to pull a lock-out mechanism(sorry for the term), in order to put it in the reverse. This will prevent you from accidentally shifting from reverse while moving. My question now is, while you are pulling the lock-out mechanism, is there a chance or possibility that you might shift into 1st gear instead of reverse? Or while pulling that lock-out mechanism, 1st gear wont engage? It worries the hell out of me coz one mistake could cause a big trouble. Im thinking what if, while parked on a tight space, I might shift into 1st gear instead of reverse. I would probably bump to the car infront of me.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dhome1105 View Post
    Hi guys! Im planning to get a Kia Rio MT. During test drive, i found out that the reverse gear is located beside the 1st gear. In order to shift from neutral to reverse, you need to pull a lock-out mechanism(sorry for the term), in order to put it in the reverse. This will prevent you from accidentally shifting from reverse while moving. My question now is, while you are pulling the lock-out mechanism, is there a chance or possibility that you might shift into 1st gear instead of reverse? Or while pulling that lock-out mechanism, 1st gear wont engage? It worries the hell out of me coz one mistake could cause a big trouble. Im thinking what if, while parked on a tight space, I might shift into 1st gear instead of reverse. I would probably bump to the car infront of me.
    this is something new! need to get used to it, to prevent accident.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's not a big deal. Once you're used to it, it makes parking lot maneuvers easier than with a standard stick, since 1st and reverse are so close together.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    yung kia carens M/T ganyan ang configuration.. kahit nung bago pa hindi naman ako nalito sa shifting.. actually mas mabilis pa nga kasi magkadikit yung reverse at 1st gear..