New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I would be really grateful to anyone who can point me in the right direction. My 03 Kia CRDI braved Milenyo last month and did a futile dive in a steeply angulated, flooded road. It was just a really short distance of about 3-5 meters. The hood was submerged momentarily. As soon as it went up past the flood, it stalled and have not been repaired up to now.

There have been 4 different mechanics plus one casa (KIA Batangas where I first had it brought). They tried removing the piston jets (?) (and one even broke which I had to replace for 15K!). They all think its the computer, but they aren't sure. I know it's located below the dashboard and it was really dry when they took it out. It is sealed and appears intact. Still they can't make the car run.

I am bringing the car tomorrow to DON GALO in Paranaque because someone told me they have can scan the computer there. This is probably my last option here so if you have any ideas, I would welcome them. Thanks a lot for your time.

By the way, prior to this flooding incident, I never had any trouble with the car. It has so far logged 80K+ kms.

Benny

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hello benny, is your crdi system delphi?
    try to call these service centers.

Central Diesel Clinic
    CDC Bldg., 1176 Quezon Avenue
    Quezon City
    Metro Manila, 1103 Philippines
    Phone: (632) 411-3711
    Fax: (632) 374-2522
    cdc*info.com.ph
    http://www.centraldieselclinic.com
    Jake Arellano - Owner/Service Manager

Diesel Injection Professionals
    6951 Washington Cor. Jacinto Street
    Bo Pio del Pilar
    Makati City, Philippines
    Phone: (632) 813-3012
    Fax: (632) 813-6203
    sampiro*vasia.com
    Alfredo S. de la Fuente - General Manager

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If the hood got submerged then it's possible that water got into the engine via the air intake. Is there any way to tell if this is the case?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Thanks so much for your replies.

Not sure what kind of diesel engine I have.

Indeed, the engine got wet as even my air filter was wet. I'm not really good with engines. What my latest mechanic says is that the pressure (?) is strong but there is nothing that activates the nozzle. He is thinking it may be a sensor (?).

Help with my KIA CARNIVAL PARK II