New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I was headed to my GF's house at Manibaug, Porac which is 45 mins away, but I have overslept and I was suppose to bring her the cheesedogs I was suppose to cook that morning so we can eat it at her house with some bacon and eggmuffins.

Every one knows never pissed of a PMSing GF so I really don't know what to do. My brother suggested I put the raw food in my car engine and cook it as I drive.

Out of desperation I went with the idea.

I wrapped the cheesedogs in two folds of aluminum foil and made sure it was sealed tight. I then tried to position the wrapped dogs where it will not slid off, finally deciding to place it right on the manifold.

Then I drove, thinking this is a stupid idea but went for it out of sheer desperation and fear of my GF's wrath. As I was by Fil-Am Friendship Highway, I could smell the meat cooking. When I ended up smelling it burning, I quickly drove over to the side and inspected it, finding nothing wrong, I continued driving.

Before I entered the gate of the subdivision, there is a gas station near by. Since I need to fill up my tank anyways, I stopped and while the gas boy was pumping gas, I opened my hood and inspected the cheesedogs.

I could smell the cooked meat and I admit I was getting hungry by the smell. I touched the foil but quickly put my hand away since, in my moment of hunger stupidly forgot that the foil is very hot.

The gas boy looked at my hood, curious as to why somebody would touch the engine and asked what is that. I replied that I was cooking food and the guy looked at me like I am crazy.

I got my towel that is in my bag and handled the foil wrapped dogs careful not to burn my hands on the engine.

With the gasboy looked on, I opened the foil, the dogs has a nice steam from it and the smell is even more hunger inducing than earlier.

Some of the cheesedogs have been burned but all in all it was a good first try. After I let it cool off and after much reluctance, I bit one and tasted it. It has a smokey flavor but it was good, like it was never been cooked using an engine. It even taste like it has been cooked by a microwave.

"Wow, astig" (Wow, cool!) was the gas boy's comment.I closed the hood and finished with the drive. I went to Bayanihan Ave and headed for Fiesta.

I was at the front of my GF's house and she was sitting on the porch , waiting for me. After a greeting, a hug and a kiss, I gave her the dogs and she went inside to prepare the meal.

I told the story later in the day since I don't want to keep things for her and she doesn't believe me and quickly laugh at my "joke".

Has anyone else has the insanity to try this?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    lesbiana ka ba?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    lesbiana ka ba?
    Nice one JEW...hehehe ... nakana mo

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    first three posts in this thread is funny hahaha great way to start the thread. that aside, is the ts story even true? time spent in wrapping, preparing, stopping to check hotdog by the side of the road, checking it in the gas station, is enough time to cook a hotdog at home, on the stove. plus, i dont think your gf would even notice if you are 5mins late because you had to fry hotdogs pa.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    dude, one of the nicest thing i have ever read! hahaha!
    now i can smell some hotdogs out of nowhere and now i'm also hungry! damn it!
    at least you saved electricity/gas for cooking. and also, being able to multi task at the same time. going green???

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    first three posts in this thread is funny hahaha great way to start the thread. that aside, is the ts story even true? time spent in wrapping, preparing, stopping to check hotdog by the side of the road, checking it in the gas station, is enough time to cook a hotdog at home, on the stove. plus, i dont think your gf would even notice if you are 5mins late because you had to fry hotdogs pa.
    I was already 20mins late as it is and my GF is already in a bad mood. It was sheer desperation. I thought to myself, If the engine cooked hotdogs didn't work, I will just say I'll take her out for breakfast in a nice restaurant.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Regarding cooking with your car engine...

Books:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Manifold-Destiny-Guide-Cooking-Engine/dp/0375751408"]Amazon.com: Manifold Destiny: The One! The Only! Guide to Cooking on Your Car Engine! (9780375751400): Chris Maynard, Bill Scheller: Books: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

-----------------------------

Want more?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...on-wheels.html

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...5AC0A96F948260

http://www.roadroast.com/links.php

Things people do... :D

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    wag nyo subukan hotdogs nyo, baka matustado..... jk.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    rommel's afrika korps soldiers were cooking eggs on their tanks... the tanks' engines were off; the tanks hadn't moved an inch in days..
    Last edited by dr. d; November 8th, 2010 at 07:21 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Another one would be eggs above the hood of your car while parked under the sun. :lol:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Cooking With My Kia Pride Engine