New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Would appreciate your opinions guys - would a Kia Picanto be a good substitute to the current Kia Pride taxi cabs? I hear it goes 10 km/li or more (sana more).....

We currently have Kia Prides in a our humble fleet of two, and they have to be changed soon into newer models so we can keep our franchise. Sayang ang franchise, otehrwise we sell the franchise and convert the old Prides into private cars for resale.

Many thanks for your opinions.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    based from what i've read in the different posts here, merong 12.5 and 14 plus km/l. that's good enough for me.

ctrlaltdel - sya ata isa sa mga tsikoters na owner ng picanto, try searching his posts

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    a customer of mine who happens to be a dentist, owns one....12 km./l city, 15 km./l highway....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    havent seen one na taxi yet. pero i guess that would be ok. bawing-bawi ka sa fuel mileage mo, kaso medyo maliit kasi ang picanto eh. kaya yung mga bagong taxi ngayon is yung J variant na vios. spacewise and cargo space is a big plus kasi pag taxi eh..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    12k/liter sa city?

d b parang malakas?

i heard the vios is at 12k/liter city.

why not try the hyundai getz? at least 1.3 ang makina.

suggestion lang po

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Thanks guys, will look up your suggestions....

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    why not just convert your taxi to LPG? i know that there is a taxi franchise in subic selling nissan cedrics powered by LPG's.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    'Pre, based on how I drive my Picanto I get 14km/liter to 17km/liter. My best was 18km/liter. My worst still 14km/liter.

The built-in cargo space at the back is small. But you can fit in a sack of rice there with room to spare for 3 bags of groceries without trouble and with all seats occupied by passengers. In addition, the entire passenger back seat can be folded to create more room for cargo. I have easily transported a huge box filled with a 1.5HP room airconditioner in that space with the hatch door closed. The box was just so big that I don't think you can place that same cargo flat on the floor of a Vios's trunk. Even if you could, you probably wont be able to close the trunk lid.

Well, try before you buy, as the saying goes. Good luck!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Thanks for the input CtrlAltDel. Your comsumption figures is sure encouranging.

I had the same experience with our old Prides,you will be amazed with what you can put inside, especially with the rear seat backs folded. The rear seat areas are roomy too.

We got them for only 180k brand new in 97, that's why we got 2 units and started a small taxi operation. Maybe now, we need to shell out 360k or more for just 1 new unit of the Picanto.

The idea of LPG power also is in my mind. I gather the conversion would cost 30k, and you save on oil and other consumables on a monthly basis, aside from getting better mileage. We will surely consider this, ale828, thanks.

Say, anyone knows of a Kia dealer in the Libis or Ortigas areas?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Wow! Kung saka-sakali, makaka-kita na rin ako ng mga Picanto na taxi ... maybe mga Getz din? :-)

Saan ruta ng mga taxi mo bm5er?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Kia Picanto on fuel economy - is it good?