New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    I have driven my previous MT vehicles (92 Mazda B22 & 05 Sportivo) to Baguio before, with ease and no prob at all. With the same driving habit, I drove my 2015 MUx LSM to Baguio last weekend. Satisfied naman sa power to go up, until i caught up with the tailend of a heavy stop-and-go traffic just after the Kennon Viewdeck.

Doon na nagumpisa... masangsang na amoy, sunog na rubber or what. Akala ko sa ibang cars, but all eyes had that accusing look at my MUx. Tiis/dedma ko lang sila bcoz I felt nothing wrong with how my MU was going, not even any warning light.

Around 1hr later, i parked at SM basement and opened my hood to check. May bawas brake/clutch fluid pero still above the MIN level. Sniffed around, and that bad smell came from the rear driver-side wheel. Pero hindi man lang uminit ang mags...as cool as the other 3.

Let it be... pagbaba sa Baguio, smooth ride naman, no prob, parang walang nangyari...

What went wrong po kaya???

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Just a wild guess... clutch?

Steep grade and stop-and-go traffic... you may be letting the clutch slip too much.

If it's not you, the clutch may be slipping on its own due to wrong adjustment or your vehicle is just simply overloaded.
    Last edited by oj88; February 9th, 2016 at 06:25 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by janalla View Post
    I have driven my previous MT vehicles (92 Mazda B22 & 05 Sportivo) to Baguio before, with ease and no prob at all. With the same driving habit, I drove my 2015 MUx LSM to Baguio last weekend. Satisfied naman sa power to go up, until i caught up with the tailend of a heavy stop-and-go traffic just after the Kennon Viewdeck.

Doon na nagumpisa... masangsang na amoy, sunog na rubber or what. Akala ko sa ibang cars, but all eyes had that accusing look at my MUx. Tiis/dedma ko lang sila bcoz I felt nothing wrong with how my MU was going, not even any warning light.

Around 1hr later, i parked at SM basement and opened my hood to check. May bawas brake/clutch fluid pero still above the MIN level. Sniffed around, and that bad smell came from the rear driver-side wheel. Pero hindi man lang uminit ang mags...as cool as the other 3.

Let it be... pagbaba sa Baguio, smooth ride naman, no prob, parang walang nangyari...

What went wrong po kaya???
    Overheating brakes. Baka stuck-up yung isa.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Observe if there is any fluid under the vehicle. Also was the brake fluid in the "min" before you went to Baguio?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Thanks mga Sir for your reply.

Sir oj88: If indeed it is the clutch, any damage done Sir, need I see the dealer/casa? Bdway, hindi naman sa engine bay nagmula ung bad odor? We were 4 adults + 2 kids and light baggage.

Sir RyTower: If stuck up ung isa kaya nagoverheat brakes, bakit kaya hindi naman uminit si mags? Tsaka, wala naman pull to the left sana?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Sinilip ko na Sir StockEngine, pero no visible droplets. Nasa Max level ung fluid before the trip.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Thanks mga Sir for your reply.

Sir oj88: If indeed it is the clutch, any damage done Sir, need I see the dealer/casa? Bdway, hindi naman sa engine bay nagmula ung bad odor? We were 4 adults + 2 kids and light baggage.
    If it's indeed the clutch, hard to tell if there was damage done. Unless you feel something strange about the clutch after the incident, I think it's fine.

You may want to do two things:

1. Make sure you're not a clutch driver. Sometimes we're simply not aware of this. Make a conscious effort to remove you foot from the clutch when you've settled on a gear
    2. Make sure that the clutch is adjusted correctly. There should be about an inch of free play on the clutch pedal before the clutch actually starts to disengage

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    until i caught up with the tailend of a heavy stop-and-go traffic just after the Kennon Viewdeck.

Doon na nagumpisa... masangsang na amoy, sunog na rubber or what.
    kung paakyat ka hindi masyado mag-iinit ang brake system as compared sa pababa.

same reservoir din ba yung clutch? i mean, sa brake master reservoir din nakuha ng supply yung clutch master? if so, i suspect yung clutch mo ang nangamoy.

cause nung pangangamoy?
    1. clutch driver po siguro (no offense). kahit naka-rest lang sa clutch pedal paa mo e amplified na yung movement pagdating sa clutch assembly.
    2. mali yung factory adjustment ng clutch or sadyang may mahigpit pang pyesa na hindi nabibreak-in
    3. wrong choice of gears on climbing. plus item #1, e sigurado magooverheat ang clutch.

e sa bandang iyan ng kennon talagang tatrabaho ang clutch.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Noted po, perhaps 'clutch driver' nga ako. Yes, share ang clutch and brakes fluid sa reservoir. Factor din kaya ito or with the MU's new design? Eh kasi, no problem naman nung B22 or ung sportivo ang gamit ko, kahit pa-Baler where mas sustained pa ang paakyat...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    baka iba pa ang timpla sir ng paa nyu sa new mux mt nyu.. try nyu ulit humanap ng mga pabitin/incline and observe nalang kung mgamoy ulit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast