New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Hi guys...obviously a newbie around here. browsing over, the posts have been more than informative if not entertaining

anyways, i've been trying to find reviews and information on the recently launched Isuzu SRV-- the Alterra (did I even get the spelling right?), but I couldn't seem to find anything yet on the web. Just curious really....esp that the hype about the Toyota Fortuner is so full blown and we've got ourselves frustratingly queued as well on their long list..sigh

hope you can share what you can...

thanks....

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Prices depends on the colors..or wneter it has 2 channels stereo or the 5.1 SES

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    IPSG_babe: are you working for Isuzu Pasig? if you are...give us more info on this car. Is it here in the Phils? I read in the forum that they saw it in one of the dealers already.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Mga how much kaya ito? the one with 5.1 Sounds system??

WBR,

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Just checked out the Alterra. After seeing the Fortuner, first impression is the seats, they are small. There is a third row, which the exact copy to the CRV seat, next to useless. No headrest and no foot well. Your knees are on your chest when you seat there. There is a cup holder on the rear passenger doors which looks very fragile. Instrumentation is plain, no optitron here. Aircon is manual dial type, but there are vents for the back and rear seats. Anthenna is pillar telescopic type. Dash looks simple and cheap. Overall parang worlds apart yung Alterra compared the Fortuner. Only part I like is the engine. I felt a little pity for Isuzu, with a SRV (ayaw daw tawagan ng SUV) that is only a tad cheaper than the Diesel Fortuner and 300k more than the Gas Fortuner. No wonder the Fortuner owns 70% of the SUV market in Thailand.
    Last edited by Monseratto; May 24th, 2005 at 11:44 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bakit pa kasi inilabas yan!

sana, ginawa na lang 4x4 ang trooper

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    bka dinaan lang nila sa 5.1 sound system nila? hahaha havent seen it though

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mas maganda pa iyung third row seat ng sportivo compared to the alterra. Only M/T and A/T 4 x 2 are available. All the models are above the 1.4 million bracket. The differences in pricing are in the pearlescent paint used. Expect the 4 x 4 model to cost way out, it is due by July. 20T are difference sa 2 channel and 5.1 channel models. I think they are available for viewing in all Isuzu outlets.
    Last edited by Monseratto; May 23rd, 2005 at 09:12 PM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    alterra interior is basic and the seats are small.. space is also a bit cramped.. the front looks is also tad ugly. side view is like a funeral parlor car. back is bit ok naman

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Wanted pa naman to check the Alterra out in Isuzu Makati tomorrow. Funny what a few comments can do. Especially the one from katsudon ph..side like a funeral car.. di na lang he he... will wait na lang until the furor dies down on the Fortuner. By then, they will start giving freebies and who knows, in 6 months to a year, they'll throw in leather seats and a dvd as well..

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Any scoop on the Isuzu Alterra?