New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    hi guys,
    this is the 2nd time it caught my attention along traffic about the "rear strut bar?!" in the crosswind e.g. xuv's.
    my question is the main purpose of it and where to find that shop or store..

thanks guys

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala yatang rear strut ang Crosswind. Live axle yun, eh.

Do you mean rear stabilizer bar/anti-roll bar po?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    your probably right sir otep,these stabilizers i think it was connected at the rear shocks.
    what does it do exactly?
    is this fabricated or after market?
    very curious about that..
    thanks
    Last edited by teamsicnarf; October 10th, 2006 at 02:19 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A rear anti-sway bar does just that. It stops the rear from swaying from side to side by rigidly linking the left and right rear suspension.

A good example of this is the Fortuner, which has very stiff anti-sway bars. Thus, even though the springs are soft and the Fortuner dives a bit under braking, it doesn't roll to the side if you take a corner sharply.

If there is an aftermarket anti-sway bar for our boat... este... Crosswind, I'd like very much to know where you can buy one.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    my frend told me that this "cruven shop" fabricated stabilizers or strut bars too.
    HTh

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I know that most shops like that can fabricate strut-bars, but anti-roll? Hmmm... sabagay, madaling mag-fabricate para sa Civic if you kow the mounting points... baka puwede din... pero mahirap yata mag-"tune" ng anti-roll bar... too stiff and you run the risk of snap-oversteer. Kaya thinner na yung anti-sway bar sa likod ng 2006 City, to prevent this.

Pero it might be worth your while to try it. But for me, modified shocks first.
    Last edited by niky; October 13th, 2006 at 12:49 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

crosswind rear strut bar how effective?