New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys im thinking of selling my xuv na. it's too unreliable na for me. i have my lists of bad experiences with my car.

now im lost to what auv should i buy next. definitely isuzu is out. im leaning towards innova d4d but after having recently reading d4d woe threads, im back to square one.

ano sa tingin nyo dapat kong gawin?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    since out ang Isuzu at Innova, the top choices for an AUV would be the APV, Adventure and Everest.. between those three, i would choose the Everest..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll go with the Everest... though get the M/T version... the A/T is a bit sluggish.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    innova is not yet out for me. im thinking of waiting for future batches and future owners to get their opinions.

mahal kasi ng everest e. 1 million petot. medyo boring pa ang itsura
    e ang innova E variant less than 800 thou lang

grabe ang hirap na mag hanap ng matinong AUV ngayon.
    unlike before AUVs are referred as reliable haulers

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    why? what's your bad experience with the isuzu auv? i'm planning to get a second hand pa naman for every day use.nalalaspag kase rav4 ko eh.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    G
    2.5 Diesel A/T = Php1,045,000
    2.5 Diesel M/T = Php985,000
    2.0 Gas A/T = Php980,000
    2.0 Gas M/T = Php930,000

[SIZE=5]E [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]2.5 Diesel M/T[/SIZE] = [SIZE=4]Php885,000[/SIZE]

J

2.5 Diesel M/T = Php798,000
    2.0 Gas M/T = Php748,000

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lexfu
    why? what's your bad experience with the isuzu auv? i'm planning to get a second hand pa naman for every day use.nalalaspag kase rav4 ko eh.
    averaging 6 km/l (damn too slow yet still ave. high fuel consumption)

exhaust pipe crack

power window wont work. replaced already by isuzu yet new one wont work too.

leaking door

now my transmission sensor is broken. costs P3,800 for the part.
    isuzu doesn't have the part. still have to order daw.

my car is 3yrs old. nakaka bad trip lang talalga when u own a new car tapos pa balik balik ka sa casa para mag pa ayos ng kung ano ano. buti sana kung gagastos ako para sa normal wear n tear like tires, shocks, etc...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    G
    2.5 Diesel A/T = Php1,045,000
    2.5 Diesel M/T = Php985,000
    2.0 Gas A/T = Php980,000
    2.0 Gas M/T = Php930,000

[SIZE=5]E [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]2.5 Diesel M/T[/SIZE] = [SIZE=4]Php885,000[/SIZE]

J

2.5 Diesel M/T = Php798,000
    2.0 Gas M/T = Php748,000

i guess i was looking at the J variant.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sounds like you got a lemon.

The exhaust pipe thing is something every single Crosswind owner goes through, and they still haven't fixed that damn design... honestly, how much would it cost Isuzu to install a P1,000 flex-pipe?

Sucks for you on the transmission. I can relate. We just changed clutches on our 1 year old XUVi (I don't know if it's a bad tranny, or if my driver is a natural clutch driver... might be something of both).

I think your fuel economy problem may have something to do with your unresolved exhaust problems, I've experienced 5-6 km/l on my 626 before because of a leaking exhaust gasket (which is the usual effect of the Crosswind exhaust defect) which improved to 8 km/l when it was fixed.

I'd say get a lower end MANUAL Crosswind, as they're still the mileage champs, and the old engine has no problems with Pinoy diesel. Just have a flex-pipe installed and most of your problems are gone. Plus, the manual isn't as sluggish as the AT, there's no turbo to complicate maintenance, and the abundant torque makes traffic driving less stressful than you might think.

But if you're leaning towards Toyota, get the 2.0 Gasoline J Variant. 748k for a modern 2.0 MT is great. And the extra 50k you've saved over the diesel, plus the money you save each oil change (maintenance will cost less for the smaller, less complicated gas engine) will go a long way to making up for the slightly higher fuel consumption (reputedly 8+ city, 11 highway, according to C!). Plus, it'll be quieter, smoother AND faster than any other AUV you could possibly get.

The toys you don't get in the base trim will be easy enough to get outside of Toyota. :D 1 million is just too much money to ask for more toys.
    Last edited by niky; January 6th, 2006 at 04:12 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama ka niky. exhaust ko nilagyan ko na ng flexi hose kaso mataas talaga fuel consumption ko. AT pala ride ko. mdyo ayaw ko na talaga ang isuzu kht lower model pa kasi bad serivce sila e.

nanggaling ako toyota kanina to check out innova E . even test drove a unit. ang sarap i drive, tahimik tpos maganda narin interiors nya. kaso when i asked about the fuel pump defect... wala naman daw ganon case ang toyota according sa sales agent. hehehe smile nalang ako.

gusto ko sana kht latest model ng revo glx. at least tried n tested na. kaso wala nang bago nito e.
    Last edited by dieselNUBI; January 6th, 2006 at 04:32 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Top diesel AUV in the market