New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    hi guys
    we owned an alterra 05 matic 4x2 model. mileage is now at 40K ++. it is casa maintained at isuzu alabang.

Problem : pag start na ang engine, walang redondo, all indicators are OK naman.
    ginawa ko is off ulit, then start again, me delay ng 5 seconds bago nag start. so akala ko praning lang... so inulit ko ulit... same problem nanaman.. muntikan pa di nag start kasi mas matagal ang delay nya ngayon 10seconds bago nag start.

na encounter nanamin eto last year.. ang ginawa ng casa eh ni-reset ang ECU kasi daw me error. di naman nila binigay ang exact error. basta nag reset lang sila ng ECU. tapos ok na ulit. now just last weekend na encounter ko nanaman. so assuming i-reset lang ulit nila ang ECU. pero di naman pwede pag ganito ang problem eh palaging ibabalik namin sa kanila ang sasakyan at i-reset ang ECU palagi. madami ng napalitan sa 40k mileage checkup, hanggang fuel filter napalitan na, battery, breaks, aircon. still same issue pa din pag dating sa ECU. ang duda ko lang is the Glow Plugs baka erratic na kaya di gaano napapansin ang problem, at di ko pa nakita kung napalitan na sya sa receipt, father ko kasi madalas gumagamit

baka me naka encounter na sa inyo ng issue na ganito at kung ano ang ginawang solution.

Thanks..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Bro i had the same problem of hard starting kaya lang di ako sure if it is the same problem and solution natin.. na notice ku lang ito pag nabilad na nakapark matagal o ginamit nang matagal sa long driving na sobra init nang makina.Ang ginawa ko nag shift ako from synthetic 5W-40 oil to semi synthetic 15W-40 caltex sports delo and nagpalit ako battery to motolite enduro.So far hindi na naulit,smooth sailing na..Better consult a trusted mechanic in your area before resorting back to your casa.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    *t3kk3n: I may be able to help you. Could you PM me your preferred ISUZU dealer?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Benzmizer

our isuzu alterra is now at isuzu alabang for the checkup. a new problem was experience last sunday, hard starting (the battery is new-sept 09). then after a few more minutes it started but you can feel loss of power when accelarating... i already talked to an SA as the Service Mgr was making rounds at the shop this morning. I'll call again later today, to get some updates.

Thanks...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by t3kk3n View Post
    Benzmizer

our isuzu alterra is now at isuzu alabang for the checkup. a new problem was experience last sunday, hard starting (the battery is new-sept 09). then after a few more minutes it started but you can feel loss of power when accelarating... i already talked to an SA as the Service Mgr was making rounds at the shop this morning. I'll call again later today, to get some updates.

Thanks...
    Partner, already coordinated. Will try and keep you posted on its status via SMS.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    You might have been bitten by the crappy Denso Injector bug (same problem as the D-4D).
    Last edited by Horsepower; May 11th, 2010 at 11:55 AM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Alterra was relesed yesterday.

Finding was that the Immobilizer needed a reset.. (Again????) it has been reset for how many times already during its warranty coverage and after warranty still the same process.. immobilizer is always blamed (last year it was twice it was reset)... i already asked them what causes the immobilizer malfunction, they told me 1 reason, dont quick switch on/off the engine if it doesnt start (puro redondo lang). This will break the immobilizer, i made a followup question before we did that, why in the first place the engine wont start? (puro redondo lang) ... .. the answer.. no answer... during the diagnostics they found out that the program in the immobilizer is not working this is why they need to reset the immobilizer... no further explanation... What the !*#$! I've asked them what made them decide to reset the immobilizer? its because there are errors, but what causes the error... not properly explained... hayyyyy....... I need to know what is the root cause of the problem and not an interim solution only.... Im guessing we got a lemon unit with defective immobilizer and was hidden or ignored or overlooked by the casa mechanic when we first encountered the problem.... tsktsktsk.... Its a good thing its casa maintained, i already called isuzu philippines head office to look into this matter. Im just waiting for their feedback..

But anyways, the alterra now is working, thanks to benzmizer and the contact person he provided the service manager, he is very attentive... and take note of the problem.. but im not satisfied to the conclusion... Im no expert mechanic, but the frequency the immobilizer is bugging down, tells me there are other problems they are not looking into or simply ignoring...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by t3kk3n View Post
    But anyways, the alterra now is working, thanks to benzmizer and the contact person he provided the service manager, he is very attentive... and take note of the problem.. but im not satisfied to the conclusion... Im no expert mechanic, but the frequency the immobilizer is bugging down, tells me there are other problems they are not looking into or simply ignoring...
    No worries my friend. I, myself, ain't satisfied with how your queries were answered. In the meantime, observe the unit. If in any way the malfunction recur, let me know. It'll be a good time to test the damage extent a pack of C4....

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Good thing Immobilizer lang pala and not the engine. Hassle lang talaga.

You are right, you need to find out what's causing the immobilizer to err.

But wait,

Hindi ba ECU ang ni-reset nila? Kasi ang injectors controlled ng ECU, and if it errs, di talaga gagana ng matino ang engine unless i-reset/burahin yung error codes. Make sure that Isuzu is not giving you the run-around.

Sa Toyota D-4D problem kasi, ganyan din ang stop-gap measure nila. Pag nagc-choke yung engine, ire-reset yung ECU para gumana for the mean time. Meron mga balik nang balik, meron namang naayos at bumalik after a year or two pa.

Good luck

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    *benzmizer : Thanks again. Right now alterra is running Ok.

*horsepower : yeah i also read about some of the D4D's issue specially on certain Gasoling brand... i dont want to mention the gas brand as it is not affecting my Strada, its just the alterra that is having problem when it was loaded with it anyways... we are not loading that type of gasoline/diesel brand in the alterra just to eliminate the gas/diesel issue.

*** anyways, ill be monitoring the performance again, and soon will post if there is another problem of the problem re-surface again.... I already called isuzuphils, im just waiting for their feedback on my concern. or otherwise ill be walking at their doorstep (like what i did with near by dealers in the area) their Corporate management was so sorry and immediately lighted some butcheeks on the dealers for my filed complained

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
alterra 05 problem Engine problem