New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Dudes/Dudettes,

Does it really work? I'm contemplating on getting one kase un pina plug lang sa cigarette lighter socket. Nabasa ko din kse sa isang old issue ng Top Gear about it. Just want to know ur inputs if its a good buy ba talaga or good bye na lang hehe. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    good buy. The small ones that fits the lighter (cost P550-700) will give less ionization that you hardly feel it but it does help in maintaining the "fresh from the casa" smell inside your ride. But for stronger odours (like spilt fish blood from the bayong pamalengke) you'll need the bigger ones (boxy type but cost about P500-600). Pero matapang eto. Minsan you'll feed dizzy so you have to turn it off after awhile of use.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    how does this work anyways ?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may thread na dati about this. ionizers produce ozone and this in turn reacts with and oxidizes the odor causing chemicals, breaking them down into odorless agents.

however, there is something that you will need to consider if you want this in your car. ozone at lower atmospheres is considered a pollutant, eats away at metals just like an acid, and causes cancer in humans. would you like to be inside a car and breathe cancer-causing ozone while you drive? i bet not.

my suggestion to you is if it stinks, clean it. there is no substitute for a clean car.
    Last edited by yebo; September 15th, 2005 at 05:33 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some of the previous ionizers/ozonizer threads searched from tsikot's own:

- use of ozonisers/ionizers in your car is unsafe for you

- ozonizer or ionizer

HTH

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    eh? so even the new Split type airconditioners with ionizer function are dangerous??

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    hmmm....very informative read. thanks sa mga inputs niyo sir! I think i'll just stick to my routine of keeping the cabin clean. nacurious lang ako kse nabasa ko sa Top Gear magazine eh.

Thanks thanks!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    This thread's a blessing for me, balak ko na kasing bumili ng ionizer. Thanks guys.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    sabi sa label negative ions daw nilalabas nito. ano ba yung bad? negative or positive? hehehe sorry di ko kasi alam to

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Nakakalito mga threads about Ionizers, one says it's bad, one says it's good. heehe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Ionizer/Air Purifier