New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Please advice me about Hyundai Matrix 1.6, gasoline, manual transmission, good or bad will do, at least to have something to know about it....fuel efficiency, the looks, and everything, so calling owners of Matrix please advice me on this....thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From the littlest amount of feedback that I got from a friend with a 1.6L A/T Gas Matrix, fuel consumption was 2.0L-ish (around 8 Km/L at best), perhaps due to her lead foot, and power was underwhelming. These, I would think, were corrected with the CRDi M/T Matrix.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Pros:
    Near CUV-like interior space, legroom and headroom
    Fully independent suspension and comfortable ride
    High riding position
    Rear seats are "fold and tumble"
    Short length; easy to park
    Well-constructed chassis
    Cool aircon
    Numerous compartments

Cons:
    High center of gravity; more but tolerable bodyroll; not sporty
    Heavy chassis at 1300+kg; quite straining for a 1.6l gas engine; only 9+km/l for manual transmission
    Left rearview mirror is flat; objects appear closer; less viewing angle
    Some carwash/detailing shops would charge you based on C/AUV specs :rant:
    Stock tires are Hankook Optimos; louder than Goodyear NCT-3's, poorer grip

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Nassan ba ang tambucho ng Matrix? Tuwing may nakikita akong Matrix sa kalsada, hindi ko makita yung tambucho.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Downward pointing yun para walang notch sa bumper. I'm not sure, but I think it's on the right.

Additional Pros and Cons:

Pros:
    -Rear compartment power socket, usable for a portable air compressor or tools
    -Good visibility, huge windows
    -Great space for the size

Cons:
    -Rubbery shifter
    -Scratchable plastics

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    From the littlest amount of feedback that I got from a friend with a 1.6L A/T Gas Matrix, fuel consumption was 2.0L-ish (around 8 Km/L at best), perhaps due to her lead foot, and power was underwhelming. These, I would think, were corrected with the CRDi M/T Matrix.
    Thanks a lot sir,that would help me a lot to decide if im going to get one of this.....

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
    Pros:
    Near CUV-like interior space, legroom and headroom
    Fully independent suspension and comfortable ride
    High riding position
    Rear seats are "fold and tumble"
    Short length; easy to park
    Well-constructed chassis
    Cool aircon
    Numerous compartments

Cons:
    High center of gravity; more but tolerable bodyroll; not sporty
    Heavy chassis at 1300+kg; quite straining for a 1.6l gas engine; only 9+km/l for manual transmission
    Left rearview mirror is flat; objects appear closer; less viewing angle
    Some carwash/detailing shops would charge you based on C/AUV specs :rant:
    Stock tires are Hankook Optimos; louder than Goodyear NCT-3's, poorer grip

Thank you sir, that gives me more ideas.....im getting to like the matrix heheh....

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I read in Aida Sevilla's column in the Motoring section of the Inquirer yesterday (May 16) that HARI decided to stop selling the Matrix because Hyundai HQ moved the Matrix' manufacturing from Korea to Turkey to better serve the European market. This effectively increases the cost of the Matrix for the Philippine market. You might encounter problems in the future especially cost and availability of spare parts.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So that's why I haven't seen any new Matrix units on display at our local casa for several months. That's a bummer

Radical,

Did the column mention if other Hyundai models were also moving production to the Turkey plant? Pinagpipilian ko pa naman ang Matrix o Accent bilang next car purchase namin.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177 View Post
    So that's why I haven't seen any new Matrix units on display at our local casa for several months. That's a bummer
    Yeah, I love the Matrix! If they only had it in A/T...

Quote Originally Posted by mikey177 View Post
    Radical,

Did the column mention if other Hyundai models were also moving production to the Turkey plant? Pinagpipilian ko pa naman ang Matrix o Accent bilang next car purchase namin.
    The column only mentioned Hyundai moving the Matrix production...no mention of the other models...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please advice me about Hyundai Matrix