New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hello Guys,

I just bought a starex crdi grx mnual.

I want to know if the keys for the starex are just 2 sets????

1- immobilizer and 1 as normal key.

Also do you know a key duplicator also for the immobilizer????

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May immobilizer ba talaga? (paging lui).

On the '03, there were only two keys. One with the remote for the keyless entry/alarm and another key without a transmitter.

Nasira kasi yung key with remote (the buttons fell off sa bigat ng kamay ng mga gumagamit dun sa sasakyan). I asked lui kung pwede gawa ng bago. Pwede daw kaya lang mahal.

Ngayon yung standard key muna gamit. Nag-start naman yung sasakyan. Hindi lang magamit ang keyless entry and alarm.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    May immobilizer ba talaga? (paging lui).

On the '03, there were only two keys. One with the remote for the keyless entry/alarm and another key without a transmitter.

Nasira kasi yung key with remote (the buttons fell off sa bigat ng kamay ng mga gumagamit dun sa sasakyan). I asked lui kung pwede gawa ng bago. Pwede daw kaya lang mahal.

Ngayon yung standard key muna gamit. Nag-start naman yung sasakyan. Hindi lang magamit ang keyless entry and alarm.
    yep meron po immobilizer. ung ang sabi ng HARI people. 4,000 ung key w/ alarm. bago sya gumana kailangan i programm pa po ung key using GDS. ung gds po ung parang computer na galing pa sa korea

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ayos 4000pesos pala, mahal pala, just wondering why in the manual of h1 e 2 immobilizer at saka isa ordinary key??

just in case I made a duplicate using normal keys or an aluminum type one can it start the engine and/or the door could be open by that duplicated key????

If i will order How long will it take to get the key with immobilizer and also the normal key if ever I need one???

Thanks for the info and hope these help other members.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cm555 View Post
    ayos 4000pesos pala, mahal pala, just wondering why in the manual of h1 e 2 immobilizer at saka isa ordinary key??

just in case I made a duplicate using normal keys or an aluminum type one can it start the engine and/or the door could be open by that duplicated key????

If i will order How long will it take to get the key with immobilizer and also the normal key if ever I need one???

Thanks for the info and hope these help other members.
    around 1month po bago ma serve ung key

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    On the '03 yes [might be different for your specific model year]. IF there was an immobilizer on the '03, it probably also gets disabled when you disarm the system [by pressing the unlock button]. Hence, the '03 is currently being driven around with the duplicate key and is being locked/unlocked manually. I always thought the '03 only came with an alarm. I've not tried to start the engine using the duplicate key with the system armed to see if the immobilizer actually works.

There are some immobilizers (e.g. Nissan) where the chip is physically embedded into the key making it impossible to start the vehicle without the proper key.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Salamat po Sir Otep at Sir Lui,

Ill check with my dealer about the immobilizer key.

Regarding the ordinary key ill try it tomorrow if it works, i just get curius about the owners manual and the actual included keys e bakit may difference ba if the unit goes to europe or others regions???

I just need a spare immobilizer also I checked the battery of the immobilizer it its battery is 1620 i cannot find one in the malls can you help me find one????

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    try the watch repair shops. dun ko nakita yung battery ng starex key ko.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cm555 View Post
    Hello Guys,

I just bought a starex crdi grx mnual.

I want to know if the keys for the starex are just 2 sets????

1- immobilizer and 1 as normal key.

Also do you know a key duplicator also for the immobilizer????
    Yes, that is the standard issue.

Am not sure though if it is indeed an immobilizer.... Better check with HARI.....

3505:kodak:

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    yes 1 immobilizer 1 normal. GRX A/T sa'min ganyan din binigay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
starex key