New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Post your problems regarding sa mga i10 ninyo para ma compare natin if common ba siya or isolated na problems lang, eto ang mga problems ko as of today

Having some problems with my i10, just bought my i10 base model last dec. and now on my 6k km, and done with the 5k PMS.

1. Snapping sound on my clutch - Fixed
    2. Window, driver side is snagging something on the way up and down - Fixed
    3. Engine support (just a guess) when deccelerating my engine creates a semi loud knocking sound (Maybe with the hydraulics not sure though) - observing if still present
    4. Rattling sound on my shifter, when shifting 2nd - 3rd gear, only happens with 3rd gear, as we all know the new i10 has the shift gear indicator, been following that since it is calibrated to save gas, but when shifting to 3rd gear a tremendous rattling sound is present. - Fixed but just for a couple of weeks only upon checking it is still present, after the 5k pms, observed it is still present.
    5. When Deccelerating on 1st and 2nd gear the engine grinds like crazy, never happened before,.

NOTE: When doing PMS just tell the SA that you dont want the Wash etc stuff, cause it is pointless, they gonna rip you off a good 200 pesos for the wash and stuff but the dirt and grime is still there.

With all this problems, dont know if it is minor or major problems, but still the SA in Hyundai Las Pinas is helping me a lot and been a very good SA, compare to Hyundai Alabang, they always tell me that "Sir normal lang po yan" everything is normal to them.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sir, are you still experiencing the knocking and rattling sound? I have a 2012 i10 base model and currently at 14k. I also experience the rattling sound when shifting gears upto today. I thought before it might have been my driving stlye because i used to drive a 2.0L car then shifting to 1.1L car. But i adjusted my driving style and ive been driving the i10 almost everyday but im still hearing the sounds. But now im more used to it and shifting to higher gear only when hitting 2700rpm. The noise decreased but its still there from time to time.

My problem now is coming from a gear then going to neutral, the rpm drops to around 500rpm. I havent done any adjustments to the engine except for having a change oil at Shell using semi-synth. Sometimes its difficult to know if my engine is overheating because there is no temperature guage if its rising. A week after the change oil i experienced overheating when i went to tagaytay coming from imus. It was 6am and i was not using my a/c, but when i reached tagaytay rotonda the engine suddenly shuts off. I didn't know if it was overheating becuase the temp indicator light didnt turn on. But i waited for 30min and added distilled water to the radiator. The engine seemed to be fine and i was able to continue my trip going to batangas and back to imus without any problems, but this time with a/c always turned on. Im thinking of 3 possiblities

1) the oil used was not suitable for i10 and made the engine heats up alot faster
    2) a gas boy topped off my coolant reserve with the coolant and did not mix it with water, he said ok lang daw yon.
    3) the radiator fan is not turning on when a/c is off. When i timed it, it started turning around 18mins when engine starts. I think thats too long

Any ideas?

Mga naging problems ninyo with your i10 lalo yung 2012 i10