New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    from Global Autoindex

Hyundai unveils new Tiburon Coupe at 2006 Guangzhou Motor Show

Hyundai Motor has issued the following press release:

Hyundai Motor Co. today (24 July) unveiled it´s updated Tiburon Coupe at the Guangzhou Motor Show. Featuring a subtle redesign of the front and rear with an emphasis on new optical elements, the new Tiburon retains all the magic of the original design which has won a growing number of admirers since its first introduction in Sept. 2001. With its contemporary styling and sporty appeal, the new Tiburon radiates pure excitement among the young and the young-at-heart.

In standard trim, the Tiburon is powered by a 2L 16-valve DOHC with Continuously Variable Valve Timing coupled to 5-speed manual transmission or a 4-speed automatic transmission with Hyundai´s Shiftronic semi-automatic gear selector. For the performance minded driver, a 2.7L V6 is available as an option along with a 6-speed manual gearbox.

hmmmmm, it somewhat resembles the Mitsu Eclipse

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    side view

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    hey carlo! remember me? nung honda eco-run... the one with niky... hehehe... member na rin ako ng tsikot. lol.

dati naloko ako ng isa sa mga coupe na yan... front and back may mitsubishi badge... nalaman ko lang na hyundai sya dahil sa mags. may hyundai na logo. hihihi.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hyundai should adapt the new Coupe to use the Sonata's 3.3L V6 and couple it with the 6-speed M/T. That should give the Coupe peformance deserving of its looks. It needs a better clutch too.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Yung side view para siyang mitsubishi eclipse.Yung front naman parang dodge viper.Yung likod parang opel Tigra..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For the performance minded driver, a 2.7L V6 is available as an option along with a 6-speed manual gearbox.
    sa pinas, dito lang masaya na ako...ang presyo naman kaya???

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gearspeed
    Yung side view para siyang mitsubishi eclipse.Yung front naman parang dodge viper.Yung likod parang opel Tigra..

The profile of the two doesn't look close to me. Personally, I like the Tibbie's styling better.

As for the tail of a Tigra.... I thought the Tigra's tail looked more like an older Acura's. I'm thinking.... take the Tibbie spoiler away and it's tail looks like a...... Dodge Neon's.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    the Viperish front looks less european but more macho

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... bakit naman phat_azz ang naging handle mo?

There's a little too much "Jaguar" in the front and rear light clusters, and the rear haunch looks too high... much like the 90's Tiburon... I like the facelifted current one better (same design as 05, but with blacked-out lights).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hello phat! welcome to tsikot!

back to topic. those tail lights look cheezy in some aspects but over all, it looks good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Hyundai facelifts the Coupe/Tiburon [merged]