New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hi to all.
    I would liketo seek the advise from the experts on this forum. My friend owns a 2011 sta fe. She is a lady so she doesnt know much about cars. She is complaining of problems in her car. We are not sure if it is indeed with the transmission But when i searched the net, her experiences are similar to the one described in this link:
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f127d3d/579#MSG579
    She already brought her car to the casa twice for diagnosis, but all the casa is saying is they could not find anything wrong. I asked her to be more observant and look for trends and patterns. Below are her observations:
    1. Initially, incidents only happen in the morning, after about 10 minutes of driving. But recently, she was able to experience it even after an hour of driving.
    2. She doesnt feel anything wrong when starting the car. Its just that after a few mins of driving and she came to a stop, she would put the gear to P. When its time to move and puts the gear to D, thug sounds from underneath will be heard and the car will shake violently as if the engine support or transmission support are loose.
    3. When she starts to accelerate, the car will move unusually slower than normal. After a few meters, the car will give a sudden jerk, before normally moving.
    4. When this happens, she can expect that when its time to stop, strpping on the brakes will cause the car to make sudden jerks before stopping.

This has happened 5 times over a period of 3 weeks. I hope you can help us.

Thanks so much.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    pacheck nyo transmission solenoid at ang oil temp sensor.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ^ Tama. Bring the SUV back to casa and have them diagnose the solenoid and oil temp sensor.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Parang ganyan yung santa fe samen na na ondoy sir. Pinalitan ung ecu ng tranny. Sa sf po na 09 ung case na sinabi ko

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check na din yung a/t fluid baka may water. usually pag contaminated with water kaya may lag.

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    Thanks sa mga replies sirs. Hinhintay lang namin na magloko ulit. Kasi ang sabi sa casa, dalhin daw ulit pag naulit.

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    Just to update, the problem re-occurred this morning. The unit was brought to the casa. Diagnostics done revealed an error code pertaining to a malfunction of the oil temp sensor. The casa is recommending replacement of the sensor. Hope this will finally solve the problem.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    kamusta sir peterstarr? napalitan na ng casa? ng ok na po ung unit?

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    i have the exact problem with my SF same model. The problem will only be read in the computer when you hear the THUG sound. If you turn off the engine the THUG sound will go.
    Ask the casa to replace the TRANSMISSION SOLENOID. Small part that fits on your hand. 2 yrs after my SF still ok.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    is this isolated case? ano na resolution ng problem, napalitan ba ng Hyundai yung said part under Warranty - Free of Charge?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Sta Fe Transmisson Lag