New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mods paki merge na lang po kung meron ng thread about Hyundai Matrix.

I was looking at the engine specs of the Hyundai Matrix diesel variant and I'm amazed on the engine specs. Imagine it has:
    Max Output of 102 bhp, and
    Max Torque of 235 Nm at 2000 rpm.

Out of curiosity an AUV say Adventure has:
    Max Ouput of 84 bhp, and
    Max Torque of 168 Nm at 2500 rpm.

Is the Hyundai Matrix diesel engine that powerful? If it is, then isn't it that much of a power? Figuratively, I can install a Matrix diesel engine on an AUVs.

Salamat po sa inyong mga comments.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    This is the reason why the Matrix diesel engine has impressive specs -> CRDI
    http://worldwide.hyundai-motor.com/c...in_common.html

I test drove the CRDI Matrix M/T at Global City late last year and floored the gas pedal - it accelerates like a car already, very good power delivery and acceleration for a small displacement turbo-diesel.

I'm thinking more of putting the Matrix's CRDI engine in a Jimny and go off-roading - imagine your torque-to-weight ratio; and still remain very fuel efficient.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    naka turbo ang hyundai matrix diesel. 1.5Liter CRDi with turbo. while the mitsu adventure, toyota revo and M/T isuzu crosswinds have no turbo.

the newly facelifted Getz even offers a 110HP "high power version" of the same 1.5Li CRDi engine variant found in the matrix. the Getz weighs much lower than matrix therefore me potential ang Getz to be a pocket rocket with lots of mountain climbing muscle.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmmm... probably that's one of the marketing strategy ng Hyundai to beef up their engines. Their (CRDi) technology must be very good. I could say Matrix and Getz (both CRDi variants) are overpowered which is kinda dangerous considering the size of the car.

OT...
    Kaya pala 'yong Getz na nakita ko sa NLEX ang tulin, tumatakbo na ako ng 125kph tapos biglang my Getz na lumampas sa akin, di ko na napansin kung gas or diesel powered.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    okay yan ah! nasa magkano matrix and getz? tnx

6. Heretic Guest
    I have a Matrix CRDi and yes, it's engine is indeed powerful. However, I have no idea as to how its horspower and torque holds up without its VGT. I could feel some "sudden" change in acceleration when I push it to 2500+ rpm so most probably, the additional hp that the turbo gives only becomes available at that range.

As far as carrying and climbing is concerned, our Matrix with 5 people insode could climb a steep portion here in our subdivision better than a neigbor's Innova, but the Matrix is lighter to begin with. It's hard to make a direct comparison between the two not unless an engine swap is made.

I wouldn't go back to gasoline-equipped compact sedans. Our 1.6 Altis just feels wimpy compared to the Matrix.

7. Heretic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xto
    okay yan ah! nasa magkano matrix and getz? tnx
    678k nung bilin ko yung sa akin. 688k na ngayon kasi may keyless entry na. 628k yung Getz, may ABS/airbags na yata.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    even the hyundai accent has relatively impressive specs.

List Price P 748,000
    Fuel / Octane Diesel
    Engine 1.5 DOHC 16V inline-4
    Max Output (bhp/rpm) 114 / 4000
    Max Torque (Nm / rpm) 241 / 2000
    Fuel System Common Rail, Turbo
    Fuel Mileage (km/L) 20.40 (manufacturer's data)
    Transmission 5-speed MT

ang tindi ng fuel mileage ha! make you want to consider buying one. the only thing you have to think about is...durability.. parts and aftersales support. give it 3 or 4 more years and we'll probably find out.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I don't think they're dangerously overpowered... around 110hp per ton of weight is just right.

I'm thinking about the Accent now... the City was on the top of my shortlist for a second car, but the Accent looks just too good to pass up.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    quote: "As far as carrying and climbing is concerned, our Matrix with 5 people inside could climb a steep portion here in our subdivision better than a neigbor's Innova".

this is where the abundant torque of the 1.5Li CRDi comes into play. no bitin paakyat sa baguio!!!! hyundai and kia have teamed up and are bent on producing this 1.5L CRDi engine variant in very large numbers. this is the same engine powering the matrix , now the getz, the accent, and the soon-to-be released kia rio. watch out for it.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Hyundai Matrix CRDi / Diesel Variant