New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i just got my getz 1.1L a week ago. i'm pretty happy with how it has performed except for the low fc (10km/li). i am thinking if a 2.0 or a 1.6 engine swap would be possible. i've had an sr20de upgrade before for my s3 sentra and was very happy with the hp and torque it gave me and fc was the same as with my ga16. the question is, is it possible to install a bigger engine on my getz? would we be able to source a bigger engine here in the philippines? and has there anyone here able to do a swap before? how much would the acquisition and installation cost be? i know nothing about hyundai except the fact it's 3rd among the car manufacturers here in the Phil. hehe. so any comments or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

how about boosting the 1.1? anyone done this before?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fishda View Post
    i just got my getz 1.1L a week ago. i'm pretty happy with how it has performed except for the low fc (10km/li). i am thinking if a 2.0 or a 1.6 engine swap would be possible. i've had an sr20de upgrade before for my s3 sentra and was very happy with the hp and torque it gave me and fc was the same as with my ga16. the question is, is it possible to install a bigger engine on my getz? would we be able to source a bigger engine here in the philippines? and has there anyone here able to do a swap before? how much would the acquisition and installation cost be? i know nothing about hyundai except the fact it's 3rd among the car manufacturers here in the Phil. hehe. so any comments or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

how about boosting the 1.1? anyone done this before?
    You could probably do an engine swap with the 1.4L engine. It would only give you an increase from 66 to 95HP. Sourcing an engine would be the major problem. And it might been cheaper to buy a Getz with the bigger engine in the first place.

Adding a turbo to the 1.1L engine would end up costing nearly 100K. And potentially give you around 100hp too.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    you should have gotten the CRDI gets...

sir ghosthunter's right! try upgrading IHE first. this will definitely increase power / response.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Warranty can/will be voided.

Just a reminder.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by azzkkr2600 View Post
    sir ghosthunter's right! try upgrading IHE first. this will definitely increase power / response.
    Actually I would recommend to keep the car stock and save his money for something else.

There isn't much to be gained in performance by upgrading the stock motor and even upgrading to a 1.4L or to turbo the 1.1L engine will cost a lot. Given that the initial priority of buying the Getz is an affordable car with reasonable fuel mileage, doing all those mods would just flush money down the drain for little gain.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sir, best thing to do ? Trade your 1.1 getz for a higher displacement vehicle. :hysterical:

That's if, you still have the budget. But if you don't, then I`d keep it stock .. reasons are seen in GH's post ^.

Enjoy first driving a fuel efficient vehicle. You might not know that you are saving A LOT of money from its gas.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Possible 2.0 liter engine swap para sa Getz mo . Kung boosting a 1.1 liter engine kung engine performance habol huwag na lang stay stock ka na lang . Hindi sulit ang pera na gagastusin mo rito.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    is it brand new?

if yes, just wait. the FC will improve over time

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Possible 2.0 liter engine swap para sa Getz mo . Kung boosting a 1.1 liter engine kung engine performance habol huwag na lang stay stock ka na lang . Hindi sulit ang pera na gagastusin mo rito.
    Anong engine kung ganun ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
getz engine upgrade