New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    What is going on with Hyundai Philippines? | Autoindustriya

Sources do tell us that the switch to the new Hyundai Motor Company-led distributor is going to happen soon. According to some insiders it was supposedly planned for January 2022, but the situation with the pandemic made it impossible or so we've been told.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    So HARI (Hyundai Asia Resource) will be gone for good?

This is good news for Hyundai buyers though. Sana no more underspecced models like an Accent without airbags.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    So HARI (Hyundai Asia Resource) will be gone for good?
    According to the article...
    "But it's definitely not the end for HARI: we have been informed that the likely scenario is that they retain the Hyundai Truck & Bus business."

Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    This is good news for Hyundai buyers though. Sana no more underspecced models like an Accent without airbags.
    By the way, the locally assembled Accent is also available with airbags.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MORE TROUBLE FOR HYUNDAI PH AS IT REPORTS ZERO SALES FOR PASSENGER CARS IN JANUARY | Inquirer

The latest travail is clearly stated in the January 2022 sales report of the Philippine Automotive Dealers Association or PADA wherein Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc. (HARI) sold only three units—all commercial vehicle models as no passenger car model was sold for the whole month.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    New Hyundai PH distributor to launch 2022 Staria in June? | Autoindustriya

insiders have informed us that the new distributor will be led by Hyundai Motor Company. HMC will supposedly take the helm from long-time partner Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc. (HARI) very soon; most likely it will coincide with the new fiscal year which begins on the first of April.

We can say this because representatives from HMC are already in the country, and are busy laying the groundwork for a new distributor.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Insider: New Hyundai PH will start with 2022 Staria, Tucson, Creta, Santa Fe | Autoindustriya

Hyundai's upcoming offerings will include the next-generation Creta, the facelifted Santa Fe, and the all-new Tucson. Dealerships are actually releasing teasers of the new models on their social media pages, but they are not yet accepting any reservations yet.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    In a way, the tax laws in the Philippines had a hand in the early struggles of the Korean brands (Hyundai & Kia). Japanese brands enjoyed tax perks which translated to more affordable cars for the pinoys. In contrast, Korean brands were a lot more expensive. It is a shame that a brand’s reputation in the country is greatly influenced by price alone when these vehicles enjoy a great following in other counties.

Back in 2013 when I was on the lookout for an affordable diesel ride, I had my sights on the Carens but the price, at P1.1 M was too expensive imo. Since then, the prices have gone down due to trade agreements with SK making their cars more competitive price wise. Hopefully, with Hyundai Motors taking the helm, we’ll see better spec’d versions & not those watered down versions the dealers force down on consumers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    the new Hyundai Philippines should also bring in the Genesis luxury marque to compete with Lexus and the big three germans.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    In a way, the tax laws in the Philippines had a hand in the early struggles of the Korean brands (Hyundai & Kia). Japanese brands enjoyed tax perks which translated to more affordable cars for the pinoys. In contrast, Korean brands were a lot more expensive. It is a shame that a brand’s reputation in the country is greatly influenced by price alone when these vehicles enjoy a great following in other counties.

Back in 2013 when I was on the lookout for an affordable diesel ride, I had my sights on the Carens but the price, at P1.1 M was too expensive imo. Since then, the prices have gone down due to trade agreements with SK making their cars more competitive price wise. Hopefully, with Hyundai Motors taking the helm, we’ll see better spec’d versions & not those watered down versions the dealers force down on consumers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If im not mistaken before 2010, wasnt the carens already for sale and it cost less than 1mphp? I think a mt one was around 800k. 900k for at.
    Korean cars also used the sell cheaper or more competitively vs Japanese counterparts until they didnt here locally.
    Hyundai being the one who is more outright in jacking up prices while stripping stock options from their models.

If it was the late enabling of trade agreements between ph and korea vs thai and ph, then just more to do with governments than local tax laws.

But it may have also had to do with the old exemption for people carriers if im not mistaken. If your car could be 'said' to carry 10pax, you were exempted from a certain tax. A lot of models abused this loophole eventhough they really wouldnt be able to. Thats why it was scrapped.

For hyundaj and kia, i just want more rational lineup and pricing.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Hyundai Philippines