New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hi,

What is the fuel consumption rating of Hyundai Getz? I'm planning to get the 2011 Gold Edition. Is this a quality one? Any known downsides?

Thanks,

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeboy25 View Post
    Hi,

What is the fuel consumption rating of Hyundai Getz? I'm planning to get the 2011 Gold Edition. Is this a quality one? Any known downsides?

Thanks,
    Mine is a 2005 Hyundai Getz, 1.1 petrol engine. Got it brand new and never had a problem with the car. Combined city and hi-way driving fuel consumption is 14 km per liter. My usual hiway driving speed is 100 to 110 kph, but it can go up to 120 to 130 kph and still with stability. If I have the patience to drive it at NLEX at constant speed of 80 kph, hi-way fuel consumption can even reach 18 km per liter. But if I am to buy now a hatchback again, I would choose: (in order)
    1. Jazz
    2. Fiesta
    3. Mazda 2
    4. Getz
    But if a Hyundai Hatchback CRDI Accent is already available in the market now, I would choose it as my number 1 over the Jazz. HTH

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    sir maganda po at matipid ang getz, kapag bumili po kayo wag nyo na po pakabit yung emblem na gold, pang-Starex po kasi yung emblem na yon sir.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    hello mga sirs, need help regarding my getz fc, got the getz last nov 2010, i have 4k n sa ODO but my FC still at 8-9km/L for city driving, based on other forums before i bought it sabi mga 12km/L daw. I have talk to hyundai manila bay and hyundai pasig they said its normal for new units kailangan daw maka 5k plus sa ODO bago maging matipid, is this right??? I also ask hyundai e. rod if they can check the engine kasi concerned ako talaga sa FC, sabi ganun daw talaga expected.... for a 1.1 engine??? sabi ng friends ko parang naka 1.6 daw ako whats the real deal with the FC and kanino ako pwedeng pumunta para macheck yung engine? Help Please....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I agree with rmsoriano sa option nya for a new car...

Eto kasi problem ng getz sa atin, hindi mo alam kung talagang stop na ang pagbebenta ng HARI, like last year, some dealers will tell us na wala ng getz, pero eto 2011 na and they still sell it. Kaya tignan mo limited ang option mo.. unlike nuong 2005-2008 ... dami..

Practicality wise, ok ang getz... mura ang parts (if you know where to source it)... matibay (personal opinion)... I haven't had any major problem with my GETZ (compared sa SF ko) except sa mga minor ingay sa loob ng kotse.

Mukhang si Getz Prime hindi na darating dito sa atin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Gcw...eature=related
    Last edited by imperialv; February 23rd, 2011 at 08:11 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by loganweaponx View Post
    hello mga sirs, need help regarding my getz fc, got the getz last nov 2010, i have 4k n sa ODO but my FC still at 8-9km/L for city driving, based on other forums before i bought it sabi mga 12km/L daw. I have talk to hyundai manila bay and hyundai pasig they said its normal for new units kailangan daw maka 5k plus sa ODO bago maging matipid, is this right??? I also ask hyundai e. rod if they can check the engine kasi concerned ako talaga sa FC, sabi ganun daw talaga expected.... for a 1.1 engine??? sabi ng friends ko parang naka 1.6 daw ako whats the real deal with the FC and kanino ako pwedeng pumunta para macheck yung engine? Help Please....
    sir, if I may add lamang po. Di po kasi lahat ng city driving ay pare pareho ng condition. Baka po ang lugar na dinadaanan nyo ay talagang heavy traffic as compared to us. Pwede rin po yung driving style ng individual, like yung kung gaano sya kabigat umapak sa accelerator, usually gradual acceleration gives better car fuel economy. Pwede rin po yung i-limit lang ang engine rpm to optimum speed before gear shifting. Di rin po ako masyado naniniwala na pag mas maliit ang makina ay mas fuel efficient sya, maybe yes if we are talking of a long hiway driving condition na halos walang trafic and the driver limits his speed patiently, but if the trafic is an stop and go condition, pare-pareho na lang siguro ng FC because of the car's weight to engine power ratio. I can still remember my 1997 1.6 VTI Honda civic MT, at that time,I can still manage to average 14 km per liter for my FC and this is for a 1.6 engine. This is also the reason why I bought a Getz with a 1.1 petrol engine just hoping that it will give me something like 18 and above km/liter of FC, but it proved me wrong. That's why if ever I am going to replace my smaller car with a new one, I will go this time with a 1.4 or 1.5 engine, and I am talking of jazz, fiesta, mazda or maybe the crdi accent hatchback version. These are just based on my personal experiences, observation and opinion. Hope sir that this wil help.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    hindi naman sa pang-aano, pero paranoid na ang tawag sa inyo. normal po talaga sa bagong unit iyan. wait until umabot ka sa 5-15k odo reading, doon mo makikita ang tunay na FC ng getz.

regarding sa 12km/l, it really depends pa rin sa driving condition kung daddy driving ka ba, ma-traffic, mainit ang panahon, madalas ang idling etc.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Low FC may be due to a lead foot, or really bad traffic conditions in your daily drives. Tsaka hintay-hintay lang for the engine to be 'broken in' well. 4k pa lang naman.

If you want better mileage now, try lessening jackrabbit starts, smoothing out braking, coasting, running within reasonable speed limits (60 max for most national roads, 80-100 max for highways). Minsan it's all about the one holding the wheel...

Or, if your route usually has heavy traffic, try looking for alternate routes. Alternate routes may be farther in terms of distance, but due to less traffic, you'll end up having better FC. And your car will thank you for it, too. I'd rather have a second-hand car that has high mileage and spent its time on highways cruising than a low mileage car but spent most of its life idling in bad traffic.

Happy motoring, sir!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_david19 View Post
    hindi naman sa pang-aano, pero paranoid na ang tawag sa inyo. normal po talaga sa bagong unit iyan. wait until umabot ka sa 5-15k odo reading, doon mo makikita ang tunay na FC ng getz.

regarding sa 12km/l, it really depends pa rin sa driving condition kung daddy driving ka ba, ma-traffic, mainit ang panahon, madalas ang idling etc.
    Sorry for not knowing... its my first owned car and Im still in the learning curve with it although I have driven a diesel fx in the past(which is not mine, only borrowing)... Im concerned with fuel economy since sa panahon ngayon fuel prices are really high and public transport is not that good in the philippines... Call it paranoid if you like still I believe all of us agree with the fact we all want to save money while having the convenience of a car…
    Regarding driving habits, I shift gears during speed ratings provided by the manual (it says it’s the optimum speed for good fuel economy:

• · 1 – 2 20km/h
    • · 2 – 3 40km/h
    • · 3 – 4 55km/h
    • · 4 – 5 75km/h

I keep my rpms at 2k to 2.5k, I also noticed that with the Getz you only need to reach 2.5k rpm for the speedometer to reach the desired speed for gear shifting. I don’t do jack rabbit starts and I don’t consider myself as a speed demon. For traffic conditions, I live in Makati and my usual city destinations include Makati CBD, Pasig (through C-5), Pioneer (through EDSA, which is the worst route but its still slow moving and improves after Guadalupe)

If sa 5k-15k ODO pa makikita yun, is that normal for all cars, I have a friend whose driving a swift 1.5 and he got it the same week as mine, he has better FC than mine and he's driving an A/T hope my FC really improves grabe na taas ng gas ngayon

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    sorry sir, but I don't believe that you have to wait for 5 - 15km odometer reading before you appreciate that your car is fuel efficient or improve its FC. I had brand new cars before and never noticed that its FC have changed since the day one that I had them. Just my personal observation and based purely in my experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Getz Performance and Fuel Consumption?