New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    HI fellow filipino can you help me what should i buy & ship in the pinas a hummer or escalade? TNX in advance!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Buy a G or a Range Rover anf you'll know whats real luxury is.

I dunno, its just Hummer H1 is too big, H2 is just a Tahoe underneath, H3 is just small. Escalade is huge and longer but feels crappy when you'll realize American plastics.
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First, I wouldn't recommend that you buy overseas and then ship it here unless you are very familiar with Customs procedures or have a good broker. You'll be better off buying a Hummer from the official dealership or an Escalade from numerous grey-market importers here.

Now between the two, I'm leaning towards the Escalade.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    its a big hassle to import a car here. just buy from a reputable imported car shop.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hummer h1 for me, escalade is just similar to gmc's yukon denali of my utol
    there.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hummer would be a good choice....H1 if your spine can take it (Philippine roads are not smooth). It can fit a 40 footer containver van.

If you want to save sa shipping cost, why not bring-in 2 SUV's instead (kasi the 40 footer can fit 2 SUV's).

As far as bringing it in, the tax is usually between 100-200% of value. For ease and convinience, don't bring it on the port of Manila... go for port of CEBU. Mas madali kausap ang mga customs officials duon. Then from CEBU, you can send it as cargo or RORO type (3-4 days kung cargo, 1-2 days kung RORO). Overall, this might be a cheaper option.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'd pick the 2007 escalade over a hummer.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    considering the size. H3 for me, sakto lng sa size ng pinoy.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I've always wanted a Hummer, so I"d go with Hummer. Not an H2 though..H1! haha...H2 and H3 for me are baby hummers, the H1 is the mack daddy of them all, although...you will have a hard time parking for sure, you will probably take up 2 parking spots at the malls hehehe, and you might get keyed for that.
    Escalade, I'm not a big fan of Escalades "looks-wise" since it doesn't really shout out to me when I see one here. Non-car people will look at it and think it's a fortuner, or a expedition. So, I guess I'd go H2 or H3, since manuevering a large vehicle and finding a parking spot would be hard to do. And Hummers are really eye catchers, since there aren't many of them here.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    not a big fan of either vehicles, but between the two, i'd take the escalade. bili ka nalang ng landcruiser or X5 sa Pilipinas.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
hummer or escalade