New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    mga sirs...bago po ako sa forum dito...ask lng po...am planning to have my honda city type z lxi 2000mdl A/T changed oil this weekend. ask lng po..kasi sabi sa manual yung API requirements is SG, SH, & SJ. I just checked sa mga autosupplies...parang wala na po yung mga API na ito.

whats the best oil that you could recommend for fuel efficiency? tapos anu po yung subsititute API for my honda?...salamat....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can go with any semi-synthetic variant at most.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    you can go with any semi-synthetic variant at most.
    sir...thanks for the reply...kahit anung API requirements po?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mich01128 View Post
    mga sirs...bago po ako sa forum dito...ask lng po...am planning to have my honda city type z lxi 2000mdl A/T changed oil this weekend. ask lng po..kasi sabi sa manual yung API requirements is SG, SH, & SJ. I just checked sa mga autosupplies...parang wala na po yung mga API na ito.

whats the best oil that you could recommend for fuel efficiency? tapos anu po yung subsititute API for my honda?...salamat....
    Madami naman paps puwede. Pero given the age of your car, 10w40 na API SL rating ang ideal IMO. Yung readily available is of course Shell Helix at Havoline ng Caltex.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Madami naman paps puwede. Pero given the age of your car, 10w40 na API SL rating ang ideal IMO. Yung readily available is of course Shell Helix at Havoline ng Caltex.
    i'm using mobil 1 2000 10w/40 before kaso...as i checked the API of the new packing...parang wala na po yung SG, SH or SJ ata yun. so yung API SL can be a substitute for the SG, SH, & SJ?...hindi ho ba maka sira ng engine ko?....thanks po for the reply.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mich01128 View Post
    i'm using mobil 1 2000 10w/40 before kaso...as i checked the API of the new packing...parang wala na po yung SG, SH or SJ ata yun. so yung API SL can be a substitute for the SG, SH, & SJ?...hindi ho ba maka sira ng engine ko?....thanks po for the reply.
    Downwards compatible yung API Sx rating. So pwede yung SL sa J, H, G etc. Make sure you get yung recommended rating ng car nyo or higher

Motor Oil Grades and Service Ratings

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    there are motor oils in the market that have the "energy conserving" or fuel efficiency properties, usually motor oils in the Xw30 range, you can try those.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Meron ba sa inyo sumusunod sa oil change schedule ng honda? change oil at every 10k and change oil and oil filter every 20k? never tried it kasi, I change my oil very 5k kasabay palagi ang filter.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by maki mi View Post
    Meron ba sa inyo sumusunod sa oil change schedule ng honda? change oil at every 10k and change oil and oil filter every 20k? never tried it kasi, I change my oil very 5k kasabay palagi ang filter.
    i used to follow the 6 months or 10,000 KM (although within 6 months i dont reach 10,000KM) oil change interval when i was still using the OEM oil filter. After discovering the filter element and its internal construction i stopped using the OEM and switched to a more efficient and heavy duty filter such as Baldwin. Now i can comfortably extend my oil change interval to 10,000-12,000KM or 1 year.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Sir Bayen, do you also replace the oil filter during the 10k-12k oil change or extend the oil filter till 20k?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast