New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    i just acquired my car esi recently and im having a doubt that it devours 8km/l of gas, is it normal? i envy those same car which only consumes a higher km/l. it always make a dent in my wallet.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Where do you drive? Doesn't matter what you have, if your car isn't moving because of traffic, no matter what your engine size, you're still getting 0 km/l.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    8km/L is decent if that is already city driving.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    8km/liter lakas nyan bro. i had a 94 civic esi. i think I averaged 12km/liter. yun 8km/liter sa crv 4WD ko ngaun yan

pa-one time service mo sa Honda CASA, baka mag-improve pa. but expect higher repair bill of course. pero one time lang din naman yan.

yun crv ko whenever i had it serviced sa servitek and other 3rd party in the past 2 years maswerte na ako maka 6km/liter. pero nun binalik ko sa CASA, consistent ako at 8km/liter but that's after footing a 46K bill 5 months ago hehehe. anyway nagpalit naman ako ng radiator and fan, dami naman talaga sira.

just tune it first, change all oils & fluids..baka yun lang yon.. then kung di nag improve, smell the exhaust, baka timing nyan mali or needs injector cleaning....my maxima now consumes 8km/l city driving!

check mo also driving style mo.. is it AT/MT?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It really depends on where in the city you're driving.

When we drove the Alto in the city, we got 15 km/l.

When Tessa Salazar did an eco-run strictly in Makati traffic, she got 6 km/l from the Alto.

When we test-drove the Focus Diesel, lowest we got in city traffic was 9 km/l, highest (in traffic) was 13 km/l. Some owners get an average of 8.5, some get 16. All "in the city".

You have to clarify first where in the city, what route and what transmission you have... because, in my experience, 8 km/l from a 1.6 in traffic isn't terrible.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    just tune it first, change all oils & fluids..baka yun lang yon.. then kung di nag improve, smell the exhaust, baka timing nyan mali or needs injector cleaning....my maxima now consumes 8km/l city driving!

check mo also driving style mo.. is it AT/MT?
    normal acceleration lang di kasi ako mahilig mag jack rabbit, btw its a manual tranny, already tuned up nag improve lang yung arangkada bago pa naman yung engine oil fully synth di pa over use.... do you guys think that i just have to accept the fact that my car is ravenous to gas?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Again, you'll have to tell us what your route is like. How many kilometers and how long does it take? If you're only doing 10 kilometers a day and it's taking you an hour or two due to traffic, then that's what your problem is.

8 km/l, again, depending on the situation, really isn't "matakaw".

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    that's not so bad.

yung mga ibang crv na 1st gen nga get 6-7 lng.

if your fc goes to the high 10s to 12 on highway driving at consistent 80-90kph, you're probably driving in traffic most of the time in the city.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i agree with niky. ano ba route mo and ano road conditions .. oil viscosity, tire pressure, driving habbits..

kahit naman nakahinto ang kote pero umaandar kumakain yan ng GAS.

8km.

on city a average around 7 sa altis namin. AT pa yun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
FC: 8km/L for esi?