New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Guys,

I think Honda will launch this march the Honda CRV at 999K! only for it's 4x2 MT. But there are items that was removed / changed. For example, this time no Fog Lamps, No CD Changer, only single dash in CD (No MP3), and No Spare Tire Cover.

I really think this is still a good buy with so many competition right now.... We are thinking of getting an SUV and at first tend to get the Tucson, but with this price, we are now thorn between the two.

Regards,
    Lucas

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the escape / tribute 4x2 is still a better buy in my book since they both have 2.3L engines already and automatic tranny.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    At 999k, that is indeed a very good deal. However, I'm still for the "ride quality" of the Escape2.3(which is also at 999k) or Tribute2.3(1.160M). Hyundai better be ready with this promo, their 888+K Tuscon promo is under attack. And I am sure that people will go for the Honda badge.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

Is Ford Escape also at 999K? It is not listed on their site at that price.....

Lucas

5. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Hi LucasVN,

I'm not sure if it still is, but I asked for a quotation late last year for the 2.3 Escape and it is under promo for 999k and they are willing to give me freebies like mudguards, dvd players, etc. But I guess the prices must have changed already because of the EVAT or whatever. The Escape is "cheaper" than the Tribute. I didn't buy the car though, slight change in my priorities.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I inquired at the Ford dealership at the Fort earlier this month and was told that the 999k promo ended last December. The base price for the Escape is now back to 1.098M.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    if body color bumpers at 999k, ok na yan Honda CRV. although I prefer the current Escape over the current CRV, good choice pa din ang CRV for practicality reasons ... maganda pa din reputation ng CRV's dito sa tin.

and wala na nga ang advantage ng Tucson bec. of that promo price. yun nga lang physically napapangitan ako sa black bumpers ng 4x2 CRV.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    good buy na ito ha... mdali nlg magsalpak ng aftermarket fogs

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They're probably just disposing stocks with a new model coming up based on the platform of the new civic.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Would have been a good buy if it came with an automatic transmission.

Btw, the all-new CRV is still far from hitting our shores. Most likely by 2nd quarter 2007 and expect it to look uglier intially with standard black bumpers like the current CRV when it came out in 2002.
    Last edited by number001; March 2nd, 2006 at 06:22 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Honda CRV 4x2 MT 999K!