New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Guys ask ko lng po kung ano magandang brand ng cold air intake for city i-dsi 07 model or is there any intake made for this or just the ordinary K&N filter, just visited the online website of speedlab and they offer the cold air intake for 10500, will it be worth it and will it fir the my city i-dsi or just go with the stock filter? advice po planning on buying it next wek,

thanks tsikot..

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    karamihan nakikita kong CAI are DIY or fabricated to fit kung saan gusto ilagay yun inlet hole pede sa ilalim ng bumper, pede sa headlight etc... best thing pag may CAI is the shut off valve in case rain of flood...which was pricey known and best brands are apexi, knn and so fort...most CAI users are guys who frequent track racing... why not try the SRI first?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    K&N and AEM are two of the good brands that offer top-notch quality of Cold Air Intakes.

IMO, the 10500 is worth it. However, having CAI itself isn't practical at all. Unless, you do frequent racing and/or pedal to the metal driving wherein you can really maximize having a CAI. If you just do city driving often, wherein you cannot in most times maximize the STOCK power of your car, having a drop-in filter or an SRI atleast would already be enough. Doing those will already make a difference.

CAIs are usually positioned low, and is vulnerable to flood, which can be avoided somehow by buying a bypass valve. But i'm not pretty sure how much volume of water can the bypass valve handle. Better be safe than sorry IMO.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by johnkeight08 View Post
    Guys ask ko lng po kung ano magandang brand ng cold air intake for city i-dsi 07 model or is there any intake made for this or just the ordinary K&N filter, just visited the online website of speedlab and they offer the cold air intake for 10500, will it be worth it and will it fir the my city i-dsi or just go with the stock filter? advice po planning on buying it next wek,

thanks tsikot..
    your car will not gain much power. moreover, CAI will be situated behind the bumper, hihigop ng tubig pag dumaan ka sa baha. you might want to consider getting a short ram instead? but it's not worth it. how much hp will you gain? it's not going to make your car a pocket rocket.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thanks po sa lahat ng nag bigay ng advice, now i will surely think twice in getting the CAI, much better pa nga cguro kung SRI nlng, any brands in SRI? KN&N or simota?, ive heard sumasabay na din daw ung simota sa KN&N pagdating sa quality, but any suggestions plsss and saan po kya mganda mag pakabit,,thnkx

Cold air intake for honda city i-dsi?