New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hi... Im new at buying 2nd hand cars.
    my main interest is honda sir '00. while searching for a honda sir '00, i found an sir that was purchased on nov. 99 buy the owner claimed it was 2000 series. but on the registration shows nov. 99. is it true? can he really claim that it was a 2000 sir when it was purchased on nov. 99, or he is just playing tricks me?! is there a major difference between SiR 99 and 00? ...
    anyway... i really like the car. the mechanic that i brought with me said that it was fresh. the color is passion orange.

Im really, having 2nd thoughts... from what i see on the net, 99 SiR cost around 370 below, so i guess im gonna be paying more...am i?

the only thing keeping me from buying this car is the 99-00 model issue. need help. desperately.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    pede yan.. parang yung lancer ko.. 96 nabili pero 97 ang model.
    or the 2006 city's bought in the latter part of 2005
    edit> EK pa rin ba ang 2000 series?
    Last edited by NazQ; November 28th, 2006 at 04:38 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jiboy,

As what Otep said in your other identical post, vehicles released at the end of a year is usually labelled as next year's model.

Please avoid double posting. One post is enough. You may keep on updating the post in case you badly need an answer.

Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ok.

so ganon pala yun... good buy ba pag 383T?... di ko alam kung ek 2000 series.. di ko nga lam pagkakaiba ng 99 at 00 eh...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup EK pa yung 2000 model na civic.

kung all stock and well maintained, good buy na yan.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    yup EK pa yung 2000 model na civic.

kung all stock and well maintained, good buy na yan.
    2000 model na ba ang SiR na nabili ng nov. 99? kulit ko noh?! hehehe

...stock sya (baka restored, malay natin... ).. pero doctor ang dating may ari...casa maintained daw...with comprehensive insurance...99 kms mileage.

what so you think?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Doesn't really matter what the year is. If the body is original paint and mechanically sound, go for it!

370 is a possibility... you can try haggling, but prices you see are a range... you can get an SiR for 350, actually, but can you be sure that it's as fresh as the one being sold to you? I prefer paying a little more for a well-cared-for and immaculate car rather than getting the lowest price possible on a possibly poorly maintained vehicle... even if the poorly maintained vehicle might be newer by a few months.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe you can post pictures of said car for tsikoteers to take a look at it.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jiboy_69ners View Post
    the only thing keeping me from buying this car is the 99-00 model issue. need help. desperately.
    99/00...doesn't really matter, di naman 5 years pagitan. sabi mo nga maganda naman ang condition at nasa range naman yan ng price for SiRs.

direct seller ka ba bumibili?

383t for honda sir 99/00 (need help asap)