New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hi newbie here. My Civic just got totally smashT and am planning to buy a used 03' or 04' CRV and I just want to know what issues I will be expecting from this vehicle in years to come? Any testimonials from owners/ex-owners here? Any help would be appreciated

edit:

I got a quote for a 03' CRV 4x2 2.0 A/t, 30kms Mileage for 670K, is this good?
    Last edited by Ado; October 19th, 2006 at 08:07 AM. Reason: add. info

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I bought mine last year lang, its a 03 mdl. 2.0 A/T, bought it for 720k Nov 05 15tkms mileage. Medyo matakaw ito sa gas lalo na sa city driving. Ang gas consumption ko if purely city driven ( mostly stop and go traffic) ay 5.5 to 6.5 kms/liter. Highway driving (out of town)10 to 11/kms per liter. Also medyo matagtag ang ride nito lalo na sa rear (8 seater ito) pero sanayan lang naman. Other than this wala akong reklamo, malakas ang makina lalo na pag nasa rekta na or nasa VTEC range.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    I have the '02 model which is almost the same for the '03, '04 except if its the 5 seater or 8 seater or 4x4 and 2.4 engine. Mine is the 4x2 10 seater model 2.0 engine. Its present mileage is now at 35k km. In my experience for the past 4 years it consumes a lot of gas I get roughly at 4 to 5 km/L city and 8to 9 km/L hiway. Major parts I replaced front brake pads, front shock absorber, aircon switch, aircon resistor, (these control the blower of the aircon), and during the early part of its life before 20k km it was consuming 1 liter of oil every 5k km was repaired under warranty. It has a good interior better than the old model it replaced. Color of the interior is black so every dust and dirt are easily seen. Overall the crv is a good car with its minor flaws. Just don't get the 10 or 8 seater models unless you really need the seats because the rear shocks are very stiff. The 4x2 model 5 seater is good the 2.0L 4x4 is better but the 2.4L 4x4 is the best.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thanks for the feedback. Went to the seller yesterday and bought the Green CRV with 36kms for 665k without the plastic tire cover (how much do those things cost anyway?). May konting scratches lang pero aside from that it's in pristine condition kase well-maintained siya and then 888 pa yung plate number (Which costs around 20k here in Cebu) So I have to say I'm satisfied with the purchase.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    03 cr-v with 30k mileage for 670k? ok na yan! good buy na!

we used to have an 03 crv! Ok naman performance nya lakas hatak ng engine napapaabot ko sya ng 170kph in 4th gear! brakes ayus din lakas preno! Ang nde lang talaga namin nagustohan sa cr-v is masikip sya especially sa 3rd row seats, bata lang talaga pwedeng umupo dito! tas ung aircon nya! ok lang pag mga 4 or 5 passenger pero pag punuaan na grabe ang init sa likod tas ung mga nakaupo naman sa harap giniginaw na! and syempre one more con is the fuel consumption! it's very thirsty!

Bro marami narin threads dito regarding the cr-v search mo nalang!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    oops.. naka bili ka na pala baliwala na ung post ko! hehehe...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    congrats on getting the crv, green din crv ko dati 02 model a/t. super smooth makina, be wary of the a/c compressor pala mabilis masira. Naka 2 palit ako during its time with me.madali din masira front shocks which costs a fortune(around 7k plus each-oem) to replace.And lastly easy on the gas pedal hehehe.its nice to explore the upper rpms for that vtec sound but it comes at a hefty price

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    congrats on your ride,

I alreadt had two 2nd Gen CRVs models 2002 and 2003. I already sold all of them. Overall a good car except for the ride , gas consumption, and AC durability. The Xtrail is so much better, (I just bought one about 5 weeks ago),

Just my 2 cents.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    What I don't like about the X-trail is that all the gauges, buttons, controls on the dash are all on the middle, which made it look the left and the right sides pretty bare. hehe.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    madali din masira front shocks which costs a fortune(around 7k plus each-oem) to replace.
    this is olso 1 reason kung bakit namin dinispose ung cr-v namin!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
03' 04' Honda CRV Questions