New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hi guys.

i am just wondering if a type r engine will fit in a jazz. wala ba masyado kailangan modify? Or better nalang to put a turbo on a 1.5vtec jazz? thanks

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I'm not sure what you need, but yes, a K20A (2.0L) Type R engine swap into the Jazz's engine bay has been done before. The K20A is the engine from the EP3 and FD2 Civic Type Rs and the DC5 Integra Type R.

Gaby dela Merced's pink "FITegra" is one such car. It was modified to accept the Integra's hydraulic power steering, but the stock electric system will also work.

If you're an avid follower of the Japanese video magazines "Best Motoring" and "Hot Version," they even featured a modified Jazz with a Frankenstein engine. It had a much larger K24A engine block (2.4L) mated to a K20A Type R cylinder head and valvetrain...and it smoked through Tsukuba Circuit in about 1 minute 3 seconds.

The larger K24/K20 Type R hybrid engine fit into the engine bay with no alterations to the hood, as far as I can recall.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    I'm not sure what you need, but yes, a K20A (2.0L) Type R engine swap into the Jazz's engine bay has been done before. The K20A is the engine from the EP3 and FD2 Civic Type Rs and the DC5 Integra Type R.

Gaby dela Merced's pink "FITegra" is one such car. It was modified to accept the Integra's hydraulic power steering, but the stock electric system will also work.

If you're an avid follower of the Japanese video magazines "Best Motoring" and "Hot Version," they even featured a modified Jazz with a Frankenstein engine. It had a much larger K24A engine block (2.4L) mated to a K20A Type R cylinder head and valvetrain...and it smoked through Tsukuba Circuit in about 1 minute 3 seconds.

The larger K24/K20 Type R hybrid engine fit into the engine bay with no alterations to the hood, as far as I can recall.
    thanks sir,
    maybe i can settle for the smaller type r engines like the 1.8 or 1.6liter type. can the trans for the 1.5vtec fit or do i need to change the tranny also?

4. Join Date
    May 2007

here ohh honda fit/jazz with Type R engine..=) search ka lng sa net dame^^

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by speed_lab View Post

here ohh honda fit/jazz with Type R engine..=) search ka lng sa net dame^^
    wow!!!! malamang wala na aircon yan. hehehe

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sorento tlx View Post
    thanks sir,
    maybe i can settle for the smaller type r engines like the 1.8 or 1.6liter type.
    You want to fit a B16 or B18 in there? In the past couple of years I haven't heard of any successful B-series engine swaps into a Jazz engine bay.

Mag-K20 ka na lang, ngayon alam mo siguradong magkakasya yan

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    More information:
    http://www.fitswap.org/

Note that there are a few differences between the US Fit and our Jazzes.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Just call up speedlab, and ask how much Gaby spent.

Then get a turbo instead... the K20 swap costs $$$$$.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Watched "Hot Version VTEC Club Vol. 5" again and now I know the K24/K20 hybrid car I was referring to: the J's Racing Fit GT.

Most of the K20's plastic shrouding was removed from the engine, so even with the taller engine block and forward-facing individual throttle bodies, the Fit GT's engine bay actually looks like it still has quite a bit of room on our driver's side.

Its K20 head came from the DC5 Integra Type R, while its K24 block came from a JDM Odyssey. It's got no turbo, but it still makes a claimed 320 BHP and 330 Nm of torque.

+1 ako kay Niky though, malamang mahal yan hahahaha

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    easiest & cheapest way to get more oomph? go forced induction siguro ull get 160hp with ur L15A

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Type R engine in a honda jazz? is it possible?