New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi all, I'm new to cars and have just bought a 2001 honda city (vti). Can I get your opinions on this car? (exterior, interior, performance, etc. etc.) Thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    We own a City Type Z 1.3. You'll hear lot of road noise & medyo malambot ang body kaya prone siya sa dent.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nice little car, zippy, fun... but very simple and cramped.

One problem is possible rear fender rust, as the shape of the rear wheelarches holds water too easily.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Good as far as it's VTEC-powered, not astonishing elsewhere.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Matibay, economical, easy to maintain; good engine

You will hear a lot of road noise; suspension is so-so; driving dynamics is so so

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nothing spectacular. Adequate for everyday use.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    its got 4 wheel disc brakes and light body...aside of course, from the VTEC engine. so, good GO power and STOPping power... btw, the trapezoidal link rear suspension is nice. soaks up bumps on the road and still provides decent ride.

its coach class accomodations really turns off alot of people though.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    It's a good and decent car for daily driving plus you get a 9-11 km/L fuel consumption <9 for city and heavy traffic -- 11 for highway & light traffic>. I use mine for office so ayos talaga

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    its got 4 wheel disc brakes and light body...aside of course, from the VTEC engine. so, good GO power and STOPping power... btw, the trapezoidal link rear suspension is nice. soaks up bumps on the road and still provides decent ride.

its coach class accomodations really turns off alot of people though.
    Disc brakes all-round, though better than disc-drum combination, don't guarantee great stopping power. Just look at the SiR whose deceleration is nowhere near its acceleration. The absence of ABS doesn't help either. But yes, the City's brakes should do their job well.

And AFAIK, this City model (SX90?) shares many underchassis components with the EF Civic (box type), but I have no idea if it's any good.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    at 160hp, the SiR really should have an ABS.

power gained at 35hp over the standard VTi (125hp) is so much bigger than the City VTi's ps advantage over the 1.5EXi it replaced which has disc-drum set up (and only 2ps advantage 110ps vs 108ps for the 1.5EXi and 95ps for the 1.3LXi). wearing the same light body. the VTi should stop the best.

after getting past the rather soggy (and hyper active) pedal that usually 90s City have...it actually stops great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2001 City Type Z VTi - How good is it?