New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hi mga tsikoteers,

Ask ko lang sana mga opinions nyo regarding buying Honda Civic this year. Is it worth it or hintayin ko na yung bagong model? Kelangan ko na rin kasi magka-kotse and if it will be released late next year, parang ang tagal pa. If kukuha naman ako this year, can i haggle for discounts since luma (relatively) na yung model?!

Thanks po.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    The 9th gen Civic will be released in the US by spring 2011 so expect it to be here by the 4Q of 2011 or 1Q 2012 at the most.

May as well wait for it.

No Honda is not in the habit of giving discounts. If they do, a maximum of 10,000.00 only and mode of payment should be cash to be valid.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, i you like it and need it, go for it. One thing going if you get a model that is almost at the end of its life cycle is that most defects/problems should have been corrected already. Depreciation isnt much of an issue with the Honda even if a new model comes out its seems.

Don't expect big discounts at this point; if ever, you'll see this only when the new one is already due or out and they're disposing the leftover stock.

If you can wait and can absorb the probable price increase when a new one is released then by all means its worth the wait.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ako rule of thumb ko in buying a new car is if a next generation of the said car (maskin test or spy mule lang) has pictures already in the internet I won't buy it cause in any given moment lalabas na yung bago...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Well, i you like it and need it, go for it. One thing going if you get a model that is almost at the end of its life cycle is that most defects/problems should have been corrected already. Depreciation isnt much of an issue with the Honda even if a new model comes out its seems.

Don't expect big discounts at this point; if ever, you'll see this only when the new one is already due or out and they're disposing the leftover stock.

If you can wait and can absorb the probable price increase when a new one is released then by all means its worth the wait.
    - looks ok to buy if defects/problems have been corrected already
    - if depreciation is not an issue, mas ok nga po

Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    The 9th gen Civic will be released in the US by spring 2011 so expect it to be here by the 4Q of 2011 or 1Q 2012 at the most.

May as well wait for it.

No Honda is not in the habit of giving discounts. If they do, a maximum of 10,000.00 only and mode of payment should be cash to be valid.
    - yun nga rin iniisip ko but q4 seemed to long for me without a car. Anyway, pag-isipan ko pong mabuti ad will check out kung mas type ko talaga magiging itsura nung 9th gen.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Ako rule of thumb ko in buying a new car is if a next generation of the said car (maskin test or spy mule lang) has pictures already in the internet I won't buy it cause in any given moment lalabas na yung bago...
    - yun nga po worry ko kaya napapaisip ako sa ngayon.

*vinj, number001, tidus1203

thanks for the feedback. If I will not buy it, what else should I try to check that is within the same category (price, performance, features)? I know Altis is it's great competition but want to checkout others too.

Is Worth Buying Civic 1.8S A/T this year?