New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    HI guys...

im rly new to civic and the b16 engine..

doing some research and reading.. im about to upgrade my intake manifold, headers, air intake and exhaust...

i just dont want to make an expensive mistake.. and try to ask the gurus (cabspeed).. about it..

this is what i am thinking (stage 1 lang):

intake manifold = edelbrock or skunk2
    air intake = cai, aem or simota (kung meron silang cai)
    headers = dc 4-2-1
    exhaust = siguro ph made na lang.. freemuff or mufflerland (hindi pa ako decided sa part na ito.. any suggestions?)

mga sir any suggestions? am i on the right track?

also.. im having problems locating a store that sells dc and edelbrock or skunk2 intake manifold for b16 engines.. you guys know where i can buy one?

----

for the suspension issues naman..

i have a 17inch rims that i rly like.. installed it.. sa front siguro meron almost 2 inch na clearance and sa rear meron almost 3 inch na clearance.

its a good ride pag walang pasehero sa likod.. but.. pag meron na.. around 100KG na load sa rear.. nag rub ung gulong when going around 70 or 80 kms lalo na pag meron humps..

how do i handle this? springs? shocks?

---

maraming salamat po.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    IF you still a newbie para sa aking Intake,Headers and Exhaust lang muna kabit mo. Enjoy mo muna ito tapos pagsawa ka na then move on with cams, adj cam gear, intake manifold, block or ECU. Thats just my 2 cents

Sa intake iceman ka nalang or para cheap simota. Wag mo kabit yung CAI delicado sa baha kasi. Headers go for B16b headers or the copies nito. Much better than DC. Sa muffler budget meals marami mga copies ng tanabe or spoon diyan sa tabi2x pwede na yan just make sure hindi sobrang ingay baka masira eardrums mo

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try SpeedLab. They have the stuff you might be looking for or will be looking for plus an inhouse dyno to verify any HP gains on your engine.

(you can get their address and contact info from the website.)

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 2slow View Post
    IF you still a newbie para sa aking Intake,Headers and Exhaust lang muna kabit mo. Enjoy mo muna ito tapos pagsawa ka na then move on with cams, adj cam gear, intake manifold, block or ECU. Thats just my 2 cents

Sa intake iceman ka nalang or para cheap simota. Wag mo kabit yung CAI delicado sa baha kasi. Headers go for B16b headers or the copies nito. Much better than DC. Sa muffler budget meals marami mga copies ng tanabe or spoon diyan sa tabi2x pwede na yan just make sure hindi sobrang ingay baka masira eardrums mo

tnx sir for the reply..

sir sige.. ill take your advice.. sounds logical.. also.. magkano kaya b16b headers (4-2-1 un diba?) ?

uu nga.. yoko din ng sobrang ingay.. gusto ko sweet music (woooooot woooooooooooot woooooooooooooooooot).. :D hirap i describe sa type lang.. :D

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    try SpeedLab. They have the stuff you might be looking for or will be looking for plus an inhouse dyno to verify any HP gains on your engine.

(you can get their address and contact info from the website.)

sige sir.. try ko yan.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Feel free to visit this site as well. I'm sure you'll find a lot of help.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/HCP/index.php

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I installed a DC header on my acura integra and felt good gains through out the rpm..for the rest of the exhaust system, don't go too big for the diameter, it will kill all the torque you have..

civic noob, b16 engine performance tuning ?