New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hi guys newbie here.

I'm starting to like Honda Civic Hatchback and planning to buy 93-96 model.

Any review for you guys are all welcome!

and kasya na ba ang 150k budget for this?

Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    advice naman

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    sir ang honda hatchback po easy to maintain bsta alagaan lang po. depende po sa pag gamit
    - i dont race my hatch..maporma lang -i dont have that luxery - the basic job of my hatch is to take me to point a to point b..pero kasama na dun yung pogi points.. its not much compared to BMW OPEL or top of the line cars ..pero pag pinaganda mo at malinis ang set up mo... baka maingit pa sila sayo.. kasi talo mo sila sa gasolina.

buying hatch madami advantage - sporty look hindi ka mapapahiya sa ibang cars na kasabayan mo kahit yung mga bago, tapos tipid ka sa gas ang hatch ko na d15b (dating b16) nasa 14km per liter - sa gas na 54 pesos not bad.. nag papagas lang ako ng 200 pesos per day.. depende sa gamit. - ang magiging problem mo lang talaga ang baha..kaya advice pag bumili ka ng hatch park it sa higher ground..

-its not a car when you have family..or baby..
    -its a car for bachelor
    -its a project car which is good mapapaganda mo lang sya ng mapapaganda hanggans sa wala ka ng maisip na igaganda pa..kundi bumili ka ng bago..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Honda hatchbacks, Civic EG as we call it, are relatively easy to maintain. Parts are abundant and easy to source, due to the popularity it is holding up to this date. However, nothing is perfect, in short, expect the usual flaws to show up. One of these are the infamous rusting that usually occurs on the roof & fenders of the EG. Also, being old, expect some suspension rattles, squeaks et. al. Those things can be lessened though, really depends on how the previous owner took care of the car. Be wary too of the possibility of the car being raced, abused and other things similar to that since the EG is known to be a " project car " ( -- modified extensively and driven to its limits ) rather than a daily driven family ride.

So far, that are the things that you should somehow be aware of. If you're looking for something " fun " to do, then by all means get one. Else, especially if budget is limited, try to look for alternatives as units don't come as low as 150k ( yes, even if it's 1993 ), usually, they peak at around 200k depending on the overall condition, some even peak 300-400k. But those are the well kept, and modified units.

Goodluck.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TS:

Honda Civic EGs are the 1992 to 1995 models. Locally, they are the "me too", over-priced spartan hatches that are probably the only thing selling above P150,000.00 without even a power steering system.

It's the cult following that holds its value.

Check Sulit now for lots of D15B-powered hatches selling under P170,000.00.

Given the price, mabilisan ang bentahan ng mga yun.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    salamat sa mga advice big help!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    one more thing,

is there a way para mejo tumaas ung hatchback? masyado kasi syang down to earth.

switching to a bigger tire lang ba ang solution?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Stock height should run just fine.

Although Civic EGs, especially the hatchback, are made to ride low.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Mabigat po ba ang clutch ng EG? ESi to be exact?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    EG hatch is a good car. very light compared to the sedan EGs. tipid sa gas dahil magaan the only thing is it has a carbureted (stock) engine. don`t know if the later models is EFI... If you want a hatch PM me. I can recommend you one...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Honda Civic Hatchback 93-96 Model review