New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hi guys,

I noticed that my A/C fan/blower is not that strong so i decided to have it looked at when I had my 20T Kms PMS * speedyfix. They found out that the cabin air filter (somewhere inside the glove compartment ) is already very dirty and needs to be replaced already. BTW, my car is a 2008 Honda City 1.5A M/T Vtec

Migs tried to scout for the cabin air filter but according to him, there's no other recourse but OEM. I asked for the price and its 4.2K so i decided to just have it cleaned using compressed air (for a minimal fee). And the blower was stronger after.

Q: Do I have to replace the cabin air filters with a new one from honda? or should I just have it cleaned once in a while? are there any generic / cheaper filters available?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by jobra; July 6th, 2010 at 12:07 AM. Reason: additional info

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can jury rig one using those paper generic home a/c flat a/c filters. Just gut the old element out of your current element and mold the generic filter on it. There are some online sites and forums that detail this.

Me, I just removed the filter on the Jazz. My other car doesn't have a filter anyway and I always keep the windows up and use the a/c in recirc mode.

That freakin' a/c filter is even more expensive than the original engine air filter of a brand new Nissan Patrol!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    3M Filtrete + aquarium air filter = cheap but good replacement.

Heck even just Filtrete will help massively already.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep, that's the product! 3M Filtrete. Have that at home.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    4.2k for cabin filter?? ang mahal nyan ah...yung sa FD ko got it only for 2K caire fresh filter...much better than oem...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    OZcity,
    San ka nakabili Cairefreshie para sa FD mo? gusto ko din palitan cabin filter ng fd ko.

Salamat!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lhesta sa teamfd may seller dun..pm mo na lang sya..yomiuri yung nick

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Lhestah View Post
    OZcity,
    San ka nakabili Cairefreshie para sa FD mo? gusto ko din palitan cabin filter ng fd ko.

Salamat!

Yup! cairefresh for my Cabin filter too!
    Also got it from Froi/yomiuri

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    3m Filterete lang ako at aquarium filter. Mabilis bumara yung filterete pag walang aquarium filter

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    3m Filterete lang ako at aquarium filter. Mabilis bumara yung filterete pag walang aquarium filter
    In my case, my older Jazz 1.3's A/C blower doesn't have the little drawer that houses the cabin air filter - in other words, technically it's not supposed to have a cabin air filter. So I'm restricted to using just a sheet of Filtrete every two months stretched across the air blend box.

Glad to know the aquarium filter extends the life of the Filtrete, but it's a shame I can't quite use it.

Another caveat with Filtrete is it decreases the overall power of the blower by about 20%, at least on my blower...but it's a small price to pay for cleaner air and, I'm told, longer service intervals for the A/C system itself. It's surprising how dirty the Filtrete sheet gets after just two or three months.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Cabin Air Filter