New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hi, I'm a newbie here, just want to ask if maganda bang mgpurchase ng honda city vs toyota vios? and ano ba ang difference ng 2? if i-continue ko ang pgpurchase e ano2x ba yung mga freebies na pwede kong i-claim..thanks..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    We just purchased our honda city last may 2011 over vios and fiesta. For me kase mas mahalaga safety features. And for me the city is the best compared to its competitors. sa city 1.3s may dual air bag, ebd+abs, and may engine immobilizer na. wala nito sa vios and sa fiesta na mid variant. plus for me, i like the look of the new body. parang transformers. he he he.... sa freebies naman, yung tint 3m na tpos pina 1 piece ko p sa harap without additiinal charges. i got my LTO registration free. naka stock rust proof na siya compared to vios na hindi pa. ang maganda lang sa toyota nag bibigay sila ng discounts sa honda hindi. kase according to them, sulit naman yung value and quality ng car.

So far, I'm really satisfied with the performance of the honda city. my average fuel efficiency is 12.5 l/km and the highest i got is 17.5 l/km on a long driving.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    honda people goes " wow "

toyota people goes " meh. not again "

so in short, you get the so-called prestige when driving a honda

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    asteeg daw pag honda eh..hihi

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    The City has come a long way in its form and function, from being a Civic wannabe in the past....

Also, the current City's footprint is the same as the previous gen of the Civic.

13.8K:gotcha:

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    kung ayaw mo ng mukhang taxi, City :D hahaha

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Simply the best in its class.....bigger cabin space and trunk

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    Honda mas more upscale kaysa sa toyota vios..

ganda looks

ganda performance

ganda fc.. hehe..

basta hirap iexplain eh.. maghonda kanalang! hahaha

wala na nga palang free LTO REGI ngayon sa honda.. ewan ko kung baket.. hehe.. buti nalang nakaabot pa ko sa free lto

Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    The City has come a long way in its form and function, from being a Civic wannabe in the past....
    And it's currently even more comfortable than a Civic. With the 1.5L it has a balanced setup between power and efficiency.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Updated review of City 1.5E:

-acquired sept. 2009, not ondoy casualty, 16K++ mileage, mostly city driving, twice went to baguio

Pros:

1. Engine is still perfect, eventhough part of the recall. Very powerful, never felt "bitin" when overtaking because of rapid acceleration, no sweat climbing marcos hiway with aircon on.
    2. Aircon is very powerful even on low settings( probably because of efficient ventillation as you may notice the engine is very compact and the distance between the radiator and engine is considerable compared to other cars).
    3. As indicated on MID, ave. consumption on city driving with usually moderate traffic is between 10-11km/l. However, observed actual is 9++. Hi-way consumption at 100km/hr average is 18km/L.
    4. Paddle shifters useful when doing engine brake on descent from baguio, otherwise, just leave it at D even when climbing steep grades.
    5. No electrical, electronic problems whatsoever( cd, usb, aux, power amenities, lights, instrument panels ).

Now for the cons:

1. Squeaking sound on left front suspension which is only apparent during first few minutes of driving and will disaapear spontaneously afterwards.( Honda says it needs to disaasemble the front suspension to be able to do some lubrication and wiil take 3 days!! to do so- hesitant about this since no change in performance is involved,more of annoyance).
    2. On and off "Tick" sound at the steering wheel evident when traversing some types of not so smooth roads.( Honda doesn't have any diagnosis yet )
    3. Occasional rattles in the dashboard which I cannot locate.
    4. Starting to feel a "crashy ride" eventhough almost always me and my wife are the only passengers and with reasonably fair roads on daily route.
    5. Mentioned on past entry that the fuel cover is defective as experienced by other owners as well
    6. Also the cloth inserts at the inner sidings and center console is "pudpud" na even with great care.
    7. As observed by other owners, the body is super manipis, the word "lata" is probably an understatement.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
What to expect on Honda City 2011?