New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    mga ser, help lang po to decide. I have a '00 vti and thinking of upgrading to an '03 or '04 vti-s or a new city 1.3 idsi. Ano kaya mas ok? tempting yung city dahil mahal na ng gas pero parang mas maporma vti-s and also mas mura pa dahil 2nd hand.. Any idea din po sa FC ng vti-s? Thanks!!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Honda city 1.3 idsi cvt- cash price is 665k--: if you pay half (50%) approx. 370k (down payment) including insurance, registration,other bank charges.. your monthly amort for 4years will probably be 8500 to 9000 depending on the interest rate you get. Your fuel consumption will be approx 10.5 to 12kms/ltr city driving. ang preventive maintenance na lang

a 2003 or 04 will probably cost you 350k (depende kung manual or automatic)
    sister in law ko 6 to 7 kms/ltr lang ang city driving nya.

compare
    Savings 1.6 vti-s v.s. Honda city 1.3 idsi cvt
    1.6 vtis = 7 kms/ltr City = 11 kms/liter

if you consume P500.00 pesos of gasoline a day or 15,000 per month.It means you save approx. 7000 pesos per month. If your amortization is 9000 a month (mine is 8,500/ month 4yrs to pay), nag dagdag ka lang ng 2000 per month brand new car ka pa, walang sakit ng ulo sa repairs for the next 5 years.. mabilis din naman and ery comfortable...i hope this help...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    brandnew 1.3 Honda City is the way to go brandnew wala pa iisipin kasi under warrant yung nga lang.. that is if you are willing to pay the monthly... otherwise buy the 2nd hand.. mas mura no worries of monthly payment make sure na ok lang condition

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    advantage ng brand new... walang sakit ng ulo for the next 3 years pero mahal lang mga PMS.

advantage ng 2nd hand... tapos na yung brutal depreciation of the first 3 years so konte na lang depreciation niya per year pero take note na USED na yan so expect minor repairs to major repairs.

in the end of the day, ill take the brand new city over the mas "mapormang" civic.

my 2 cents.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Personally ako I will get the VTI-s (contra to most people say here) and then save up some more for LPG conversion. I hate monthly payments, believe me paying monthly dues 3 years into the car na medyo nasasawa ka na is not funny at all....

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kariton View Post
    mga ser, help lang po to decide. I have a '00 vti and thinking of upgrading to an '03 or '04 vti-s or a new city 1.3 idsi. Ano kaya mas ok? tempting yung city dahil mahal na ng gas pero parang mas maporma vti-s and also mas mura pa dahil 2nd hand.. Any idea din po sa FC ng vti-s? Thanks!!
    I would say go for the brand new car na mas matipid sa gas. Walang sakit ng ulo or kaba na baka gagastos ka na naman in a few months about car maintenance.

But then again, you need to cash out more or finance it pag short sa cash. If you don't want this, they just find yourself a well maintained second hand car from a seller you know.

second hand cars (greater than 2-3 years old) are ok as long as "maayos" ang gumamit nito. And, regular preventive maintenance was done at CASA as well as corrective maintenance (if there are any).

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    ditto city idsi most logical choice.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kariton View Post
    Consider also kung gano mo katagal gagamitin and how often you will use it. if you are planning to use it for 3 years ++ and everyday use, go for the brand new City, atleast after 3 years, ok parin ang re-sale value and for sure, malaki natipid mo considering its FC and maintenance cost compare to the 2nd hand VTI-S.

on the other hand, kung less than 3 yrs mo lang plan gamitin and not everyday use, mag VTI-S ka na lang. save your 300k++ for your next car

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Personally ako I will get the VTI-s (contra to most people say here) and then save up some more for LPG conversion. I hate monthly payments, believe me paying monthly dues 3 years into the car na medyo nasasawa ka na is not funny at all....
    same here. or i will retain my car. its still a 2000 model. hindi ka gagastos ng 50k/year dyan to maintain it in its tip top condition.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi fellas. One expense everyone is overlooking is that you need insurance for your brand new car purchased on installment. So, if you're buying on a 4 year term, expect to factor in a cost for insurance on a monthly basis of at least Php1.5k - 2k for the next 48 months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help! '03-'04 vti-s VS. new 1.3 city idsi