New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Guys im just wondering why some FD's have lower asking / selling price than some ES' models. They say that these are ondoy victims while some owners say that they just want to get rid of it because of it's poor fuel consumption. I'm still eying for my next car and this model is on top of my list. Can you guys help me with the good and bad side of this car. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Probably because it is still in production. Or Maybe FDs are generally worse than the former. (I doubt this conclusion) Same thing with the second generation v 1st generation CRV.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    malakas sa gas. 2.0L whether SUV or sedan, same consumption kaya. eh kung mag 2.0/1.8L ka, mag SUV kana at least you have higher ground clearance

i really dont get it why a lot of people these days buy 2.0's, 1.8s of lancer, corolla and civic. eh kung yun nga mga old coronas, accord, galant mas mababa pa ang resale value sa 1.3, 1.5, 1.6 corolla, civic, lancer na counterpart nila noon

hehehe, para ka bumili ng gas guzzling sedan. sobrang natutuwa siguro lalo mga owners ng vios na mura na acquisition, tipid consumption, taas resale value.

circa 94-98, my civic esi and civic vti were top of the line pero it also meant i'm driving a gas guzzler sa mga common 1.3l, 1.5cars noon. and to think i'm only driving 1.6

maybe that's why the new corolla's with start stop engine support reverted back to 1.6L engines. di na ma-defend ng toyota ang fuel efficiency ng corolla lineup nila eh
    Last edited by jimnyeatworld; December 6th, 2010 at 01:54 AM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    i'm using a 2.0L honda civic ok naman fuel consumption nya basta i followed ang tamang PM nya pati mga spark plugs palit ayon sa PM book nya yun lang secret dyan.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    ang acceptable FC ngaun siguro sa FD nyo eh 8km/liter noh allcity. ok na yun sa inyo ngaun?

way way back when i was driving a honda esi then a honda vti, may fuel consumption is minimum of 13km/liter all-city yan.

the reason why the es has more resale value eh grabe i just compared my 99 CRV first gen's FC sa 2001 es na kebigan ko. ang half full tank niya eh 380km, full tank ko na yun sa CRV first gen

kainggit ka yun kebigan ko and he does field sales all over the metro.

i'm doing 7.5km/liter at 2.0 CRV engine. halos pareho lang ng FD pero na naka-sedan kayo, dapat mas matipid pa

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by RG-93 View Post
    Guys im just wondering why some FD's have lower asking / selling price than some ES' models. They say that these are ondoy victims while some owners say that they just want to get rid of it because of it's poor fuel consumption. I'm still eying for my next car and this model is on top of my list. Can you guys help me with the good and bad side of this car. Thanks.
    Madami din kasi ondoy victim na FD, my cousin sold his 09 2.0S 485K only pero nothing to fix na dun. The sad part hindi alam ng buyer na ondoy car yun. Kaya ingat sa mga 2nd hand, you will never know unless honest seller ang bibilhan which i doubt kasi they want to dispose the unit. Daming ganyan sa Pampanga, dun kasi nagagawa nila lahat ng ondoy kaya dami nagbebenta dun ondoy flooded units.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    hmmm... i dont get it. if papagawa mo ondoy vehicle that will add cost to you then sell less?

for example, kung lubog ang buong civic fd, mahina ang 100K. so gagastos ka ng 100K and then bebenta mo ng mas mura? i doubt that

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^You will not believe it pero less than 100k ang nagastos niya, hindi naman lahat ng ginagawa dun palit piyesa kagaya sa casa.. Sa Capalangan Apalit Pampanga walang imposible..

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Marami din dun sila ang binebentahan ng mga insurance company yung mga na total loss in form ng bidding, binebenta ng bagsak presyo yung unit. Kaya andaming ondoy na na total loss dun nabenta then inayos nila, naayos at nabenta na. Ako nga nun nagbabalak na bumili ng na-ondoy kaso nagdalawang isip din kasi wala pa nga may alam ano magiging sakit ng flooded car as time pass by..

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    honestly, i dont know din kung bakit mura resale value ng FD. 2006 v and s variants go for 450k.

theory ko lang naman is takot tao kung naririnig na 1800 makina. impression is malakas sa gas. good for us used car buyers, bang for buck and mukang modelo pa rin oto.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Civic FD bakit mura