New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    had my ride cleaned up at big bert's. on my way home, just stopped by the video store to rent the films that i didn't buy yet. but when i got to my car, i noticed that the car beside me was very close. normally, i check the car for scratches caused by the adjacent car door when the owners disembark. True enough, the door trim had some small damage. to be honest the damage was so small but i was peeved. after 4 days of avoiding scratches due to trucks and agressive tricycle drivers in valenzuela, i get scratched of all places at the video store. i waited for the owners to come out and confronted the owners who were by the way, a middle age couple. it turns out that it was the wife who was at fault as she didn't really take care in avoiding hitting my car when i wasn't around, although she did when i was there. in my rage, i did somewhat blurt out that they hit my car. although the guy did come out of the car to say if there was a problem, i told him that they hit my car but it was ok. What i should have demanded was an apology and to ask them to be more considerate when getting out of their cars.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    this already happened to me.. napakamot na lang ako ng ulo..

mahirap makipag argue sa mga ganyan lalo na pag luma yung kabilang car.. sasabihin lang nila porket mayaman ka eh malakas na loob.. tsk tsk..

i think pwede naman sila sabihan na.. 'mam dumidikit na po yung pinto ninyo sa sasakyan'

kaso pag matanda na yung tao eh talagang ginagawa nila full support ang door handle when getting in and out..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    wala naman na tayo makuha...

ingat na lang..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Have you ever noticed that these types reckless people always seem to be attracted to people who avoid getting door dings?

Ako, I always try to park next to a poste so that only one side of my car will be exposed. Tapos, sinasagad ko yung isang side sa poste to have enough buffer space between my car and the yellow paint.

Assuming the one who parks next to me tries to be courteous and stays in the center of his slot, the driver of that can open his door fully without risk of hitting my door.

NOW, 9 out of 10 times, yung tatabi sa akin, hindi gigitna. Worse, lalagpas yung side view mirror niya doon sa yellow paint and will invade my parking space. Parang nanadya.

Anyway, I get an average of 1-2 door dings every year. Hindi talaga maiiwasan yon...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    mag cocomute na lang ako.hehehe.. joke

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Minsan kasi may mga driver na kung mag park wala sa gitna.. May line na nga ayaw pa sindin yung tamang clearance..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's pretty tough because parking spaces are so tight nowadays. but i agree, people who just don't care seem to be the norm rather than the exception.

a friend of mine got so mad once at someone who dinged his new car right in front of him and acted like he did nothing wrong, that he kicked the guy's side mirror off, and asked the guy if he had a problem with that.

wala daw problema, hehe... :evillaugh

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    On the bright side, there are some establishments / restaurants with thoughtful security guards. In addition to helping you park in the already crowded parking, they'll go to the extent of prevent door dings by holding the pointy edge of your car door to prevent it from hitting the side of the car beside you.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Originally posted by M54 Powered
    it's pretty tough because parking spaces are so tight nowadays. but i agree, people who just don't care seem to be the norm rather than the exception.

a friend of mine got so mad once at someone who dinged his new car right in front of him and acted like he did nothing wrong, that he kicked the guy's side mirror off, and asked the guy if he had a problem with that.

wala daw problema, hehe... :evillaugh
    haha. ayos to... I shud do this one time... nakakairita naman talaga eh... hirap na hirap ka alagaan yung kotse tapos kung makabukas yung kabila eh parang nagbubukas ng de-lata...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    happened to me many times. but two unforgettable times were: i was just getting out of the parking * S&R Munoz, when this Kia Pregio suddenly slide at my side. The passenger carelessly swung the door hitting my newly painted ride-damn! I gave them a scowl but patay-malisya lang. Of course, sa loob-loob ko lang, katakut-takot na mura inabot nila sa akin. at another time, yung dmax naman, wala pang 1 week. ganun din, kaya lang eto kotse naman. wala lang dedma lang ang walanghiyang babae, palibhasa pangit ang sasakyan, wala nang pakialam sa iba. if i were not a sensible person, i would left her 2 flat tires...

tip lang po, if you can turn the other cheek, do it. napaka-unpredictable na ang panahon ngayon, who knows, baka dahil sa maliit na gasgas, yun pa ang maging mitsa ng buhay natin.

another thing, if we can choose our parking, take the slot wherein, nasa pagitan ng dalawang poste, or yung safe ka, na walang tatatbi sa iyo, kahit malayo sa entrance.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Confronting reckless people at the parking lot