New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hi Tsikoteers,

Pleasant day to all of you!

I was cruising alone along edsa last night, between 10pm-11pm, southbound, when i chance upon this Golden Brown Toyota Innova somewhere in the Boni area. Didn't noticed the said auv until he passed and overtaken me on the left side and made his way in front of me. He was somehow in a hurry and was running around 70-80km/h. When traffic stopped near MRT Boni Station, i was staring at the rear part of this vehicle when i noticed that something looks familiar..we have the same plate number! I immediately took my phone and aimed at the rear part of the innova but my phone is not that good to capture everything clearly. When the traffic moved, the innova sped off left and right and i had no choice but to tail him since i want to take a shot and if there is a chance to stop him i would, just to clear things out. But it occured to me that this might be a hot car with a duplicated plate and goons are boarded on the said vehicle. I followed the innova until passed Estrella St. but he took the middle aisle going to Ayala and i took the right side since i'm going to Buendia. It was so unfortunate that the video i took was not that good and barely catches the plate # clearly since I was driving with 1 hand and the other hand holding my phone. But i was able to extract some portions of the video where i can see clearly that he has my plate # and doesn't have any stickers on it. on the other hand, i was able to get the conduction sticker # but was not able to get the name of the casa. I tried to send an sms to verify the plate # but the LTO text messaging system was down.

I don't know what to do, now that i know that someone has my plate # identically roaming in the streets of metro and provinces perhaps. May i humbly request for your guidance on what to do? I don't know if i can post the video or the portions of it which clearly shows my plate # since this will expose my identity and may compromise me and my family's safety. Looking forward to your suggestions as i am really lost on what to do first. Thank you.

Note: If requested and allowed by admins, i can post the video while i'm following the innova. Apologies if i have posted this topic in this portion of the boards.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I suggest you post the video and DL of the Innova. Also, immediately report this to the authority. I have a neighbor who uses 1 plate number for both his cars. He's a colonel though, and you know how 'tuwid' our officials here ;)

Seriously though, before that Innova kidnaps, robs or kills someone using your plate. Better report it. Of course, you wouldnt use another's plate for nothing good. HTH

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I-report mo agad yan sa mga authorities bago ka pa nila maunahan (in the sense na makagawa sila ng hindi nararapat) dahil kung nagkataon eh, yari ka.

Ta's post mo yung video dito.

Maka-ilang beses na rin ako nakakasabay ng kotse na hindi match ang plate number sa kotse nila (i.e. N plates on a 2004 car) and of course out of curiosity I managed to text the LTO messaging service to see whether his plates are really for his car or not. To my dismay, it's registered to a different vehicle. I don't know why should one person go through the hassle of swapping plate numbers just to avoid color coding (if that's their only reason) when they can just use their other car instead.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Looks like untouchable pa rin yung mga gumagawa ng fake plates, using the same machines and materials making the legitimate plates.

You can try approaching/reporting to your local authority, if at least to report/document/blotter your observation and request for assistance/action, before an actual crime is possibly made by the innova with your plates. Gauge if they seem responsive and trustworthy enough to act on your needs. If not, possibly seek assistance of the press. Choose which network you would be most comfortable to approach.

Hope your actions become successful.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    report mo na kagad dapat yan sa LTO. mamaya mo maka hit and run or makasagasa yan o anu eh, tapos plate number mo nakita ng witness or what, kaw pa ma dali.

sure ka na plate number mo talaga? kasi ako once nakakita ng adventure super sport eh last year january, bago pa din sasakyan niya. "P" series din plaka gaya ng sa akin. malayo yung adventure nung nakita ko eh. surprisingly ang tingin ko pareho kami talaga ng plate number, the letters and numbers on the plates are exactly the same with my innova. so i was surprised. sabi ko sa isip ko "sh*t bakit parehas kami ng plate number nun!" inantay ko lumapit sakin yung sasakyan kasi towards me ang way niya. nag yoyosi lang ako nun sa labas habang naka park ang car ko sa restaurant.

tapos nung limapit na yung adventure sa akin at lumagpas, tiningnan ko talaga pati yung rear plate number niya, ayun di naman pala parehas. sa malayo akala ko letter "O" yung letter sa last letter ng plates niya like mine, nun pala letter "Q" yung last letter nung sa kanya. maliit kasi yung buntot ng Q sa plates natin dito kaya mukang O sa malayo eh. tapos yung numbers same na same din kami. ayun di naman pala kami parehas ng plate number. O at Q sa malayo nakakalito eh.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    bro TS ask ko same ng auto ba kayo?

tama sila, pa blotter mo na agad bago mahuli ang lahat.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Salamat sa mga inputs tsikoteers! Unfortunately, nagpa-blotter muna ko sa barangay just in case, since it's a sunday and close pa ang mga government agencies. sad to say di naging maganda ang response ng barangay folks, i don't know kung naiintindihan nila or sadyang di nila alam or ayaw intindihin. sabi nung hepe ng barangay na ubod ng angas na feeling niya is siya lang may alam sa sasakyan, "normal lang sir na may kapareho kayo na plaka, hindi naman problema yun!". WTF?! kelan naging normal ang may kapareho na plaka?! yun pala ang ibig nya sabihin, pwedeng pareho yun 3 letters or yun 3 numbers. so again, inulit ko yun story, sabi ko "sir identical nga, parehong-pareho, walang pinagkaiba. hindi normal na dalawang sasakyan pareho plaka." to make the story short, the blotter went through. yun pala tinatamad lang si sir magsulat sa logbook kaya pala ang daming rason. nakakinis lang dahil sa laki ng tax nung december tapos this is what you get from our local officials. i'lll go to LTO and TMG tomorrow for clarification and verification baka mamaya ako pala yun hot car.

below is the portion of the video where i extracted the clear plates. Baka kilala niyo or what, hot car or not, honest mistake or what, please let them know. By the way, i have a sedan and the the picture below is an auv (innova).

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    You can text LTO to check kanino talaga naka register ang plate number na ito.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TDI bay yung letters or TOI or TQI? pwede rin TDL, TOL or TQL? Medyp.mahirap din kasi makita agad sa plates ang Q,O,I.L...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    LTO text messaging system is down since last night. Up to this time nagtetext nga ako baka nga mamaya namalikmata ko pero that car was in front of me so clear yun plates nya as TOI.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
HELP: Vehicle bearing my car's plate #