New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    thursday night last week, on my way home, my car's right front wheel struck a big piece of rock on the middle of the southbound alabang viaduct, instantly destroying the tire and damaging the suspension arm and misaligning various suspension parts. i spent some 30 minutes laboring to change the tire without any patrol car passing by ang lending some assistance. with the 300% increase in toll fees not too long ago and the impending 12% vat, i guess it's not too much to expect that regular patrols should be made to remove dangerous objects on the road, assist motorists and enforce traffic rules. also, it's now a real free-for-all at slex anytime, anyday, with all kinds of vehicles at all kinds of speed jostling all over the place, with the outside lanes at times virtually becoming the fast lane. but this is not the end of it. the surface of the road on the lanes of slex particularly between san pedro and carmona have already sprouted potholes and imperfections which can surprise unwary motorists. on top of this, the whole stretch from alabang to sto. tomas is unlighted at night. it's really hard to believe that with the kind of revenues that the slex operator is raking in everyday, ordinary motorists still cannot get the safe and fast trip that they are entitled to. we always seem to be on the losing end.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nothing to say but sh!t happens

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Welcome to the Philippines.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan17 View Post
    we always seem to be on the losing end.
    Its something that a lot of us always say with all the sh!t flying around. Higher taxes, idiot PUVs, bad roads, idiot lawmakers, squatters, etc...

Isn't there supposed to be a video cam that could see you were stalled on the highway so they could dispatch a patrol vehicle immediately???

Tapos, ticketan ka nila ng "Illegal Parking"

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    ganyan naman sila e, basta kumita lang without ensuring customers satisfaction. That's the business of SLEX, and your right again sir, aside from potholes there's other portion of the roads that are not asphalted it just a bare concrete.

P.S yung mga patrol nila dyan tuwing umaga at tanghali lang ata rumoronda, nagsasayang lang ng gas, pabalikbalik lang.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alam mo kung anong bwisit sa SLEX, wala sila Manila number, Laguna local number ang customer service nila so kung tatawag ka ma charge ka pang NDD rate.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    eh ano nga ba ang paki nila sa pinoy sa slex. malaysian naman sila. kung yung kapwa pinoy nga walang malasakit. iba pa kaya.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Just yesterday I read from a Newspaper Article that they also cheat on the E-Pass users and they won't refund the excess money charged....

9. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Nothing new. Third class asphalt pa rin ang gamit. Tulad ng NLEX. Nabubulok na. Wala na yung smoothness tulad nung bagong gawa siya.

i spent some 30 minutes laboring to change the tire without any patrol car passing by ang lending some assistance.
    BTW, why do you expect the SLEX patrols to provide assistance when you are just changing a tire? Do you want them to change it for you or just let them park behind you and place some EWD and remove those road hazards? Minsan kasi may naliligaw na hazardous objects sa daan.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    thursday night last week, on my way home, my car's right front wheel struck a big piece of rock on the middle of the southbound alabang viaduct, instantly destroying the tire and damaging the suspension arm and misaligning various suspension parts. i spent some 30 minutes laboring to change the tire without any patrol car passing by ang lending some assistance. with the 300% increase in toll fees not too long ago and the impending 12% vat, i guess it's not too much to expect that regular patrols should be made to remove dangerous objects on the road, assist motorists and enforce traffic rules. also, it's now a real free-for-all at slex anytime, anyday, with all kinds of vehicles at all kinds of speed jostling all over the place, with the outside lanes at times virtually becoming the fast lane. but this is not the end of it. the surface of the road on the lanes of slex particularly between san pedro and carmona have already sprouted potholes and imperfections which can surprise unwary motorists. on top of this, the whole stretch from alabang to sto. tomas is unlighted at night. it's really hard to believe that with the kind of revenues that the slex operator is raking in everyday, ordinary motorists still cannot get the safe and fast trip that they are entitled to. we always seem to be on the losing end.
    Too bad, baka pinagkalso sa nasiraang truck tapos hindi inalis, or nalaglag sa dump truck.
    Sa SCTEX ang experience ko mga aso naman, na tumatawid.
    You are right, at the price motorist are paying for using these expressways, we should expect better road and assistance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
SLEX bad trip