The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Two flagdowns for one taxi ride?

Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 22:49:00 04/07/2010

Filed Under: Transport

LAST MARCH 22, 2010, AT about 7 or 7:30 p.m., together with three female companions (two of them senior citizens) and I flagged down a taxi marked Rodailyn with Plate No. TWE 509, along Katipunan Avenue, right in front of the Pan de Manila store. The driver asked us where we were going. We told him we were going to UP Campus. He asked how many we were to board. We told him there were four of us.

On the way to UP, my companions and I were discussing whom to drop off first. When the driver heard this, he told us that if we were going to get off at two places, we have to add to the fare. I told him we do give a tip to cab drivers even without them asking. But this was the first time that a taxi driver was charging us for bringing us to different destinations. He even dared us to report him to Land Transportation Office (LTO), saying that the LTO would support his position as the two destinations should be good for two “flagdowns,” noting that there were many commuters on the road. He let us disembark in one corner. We paid him an amount more than what was indicated in the meter. He took the payment and told us to get off.

What I forgot to do was to bring him to the police station. I checked the telephone number of the taxi company; I found out it is not in the telephone directory.

—RUBY GAMBOA ALCANTARA, Ph.D., professor, College of Arts and Letters, Office of Student Housing, University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    It is a stupid system! I don't get the logic of dropping a passenger will charge you double flagdown. Ones your inside the cab, means you can command him to bring you at your desired destination whether you drop somebody and continue with the trip with the same meter running.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    tsk... pumaparaan para kumita. Bibigyan mo na nga ng tip dodoblehin pa yung flag down.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Sobrang hapit yung driver Makaka-tyempo din yan.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    tapos idagdag mo pa mga butingting nila.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    tapos bulok pa at mahina ang aircon. sarap tadyakan.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    kung same route din lang ang pag bababaan ng mga pasahero eh ok lang yun but if pabalik balik yung mga pupuntahan ibang usapan na yun.. it's not the tip that matters kungdi yung oras na masisira, imbes na 2 flagdowns na pag makaka pick up ng ibang pasahero yung driver eh diretso pa rin ung metro.. lugi na ng 1 flagdown yung driver pag two destinations but opposite route..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pjkhyra View Post
    kung same route din lang ang pag bababaan ng mga pasahero eh ok lang yun but if pabalik balik yung mga pupuntahan ibang usapan na yun.. it's not the tip that matters kungdi yung oras na masisira, imbes na 2 flagdowns na pag makaka pick up ng ibang pasahero yung driver eh diretso pa rin ung metro.. lugi na ng 1 flagdown yung driver pag two destinations but opposite route..
    Mali logic mo dito. Ang mga taxi, pagsumakay ka na, pwede mo sila padaanin or papuntahin sa kung kahit saan mo gusto within their franchise area. Kaya nga meron metro ang mga taxi.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Siguro iyong mga pasahero kung ganyan sitwasyon nakakaintindi naman magbigay ng pakunswelo at hindi tama na ibaba niya pasahero dahil nagbabayad naman.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    iniisip kasi nung ibang taxi driver.. ginagamit mo na syang service.. so after nang 1 destination.. dapat bumaba ka na.. magbayad.. tapos bumaba lang yung isa so parang sasakay ka ulit so baba ulit nya metro.. ganon ang gusto nila.. kada flag down naman kasi additional 30.00..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Two flagdowns for one taxi ride?