New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    I'm 16 years old and currently have a student's permit which I got on my birthday. I want to get my non-pro license as soon as I am 17, but unfortunately, as luck would have it, my birthday falls on a Sunday, when the LTO is closed. This means that my permit will also expire that day, making me unable to get a license any day afterwards. Any day before my birthday, the LTO won't allow it since I wouldn't be 17 yet. I already called LTO and they said the only solution is to get another student's permit after my birthday and then I'd have to wait another month before being able to apply for a non-pro -_-

I find this stupid since it isn't my fault that my birthday falls on a Sunday and my permit expires on the same day. I cannot believe there's no workable solution around having to get another student's permit and having to wait a whole month. What's the point in that having had my permit for a full year already, only to be epired by one day, then having to wait a month? Seems unfair to me. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas on what to do? TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    simple lang yan, get a new student permit before your bday (like tomorrow). so the next day after your bday you will still have a valid permit which you can use to get a non-pro. of course this will only work if your bday is a month from renewing your student permit.

the government bureaucracy sometimes can be very frustrating, and stupid.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    simple lang yan, get a new student permit before your bday (like tomorrow). so the next day after your bday you will still have a valid permit which you can use to get a non-pro. of course this will only work if your bday is a month from renewing your student permit.

the government bureaucracy sometimes can be very frustrating, and stupid.
    My permit is stillvalid though. How will I get another permit? Is it allowed? Or will I have to say it's lost or something? Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Tell them you lost it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sabihin mo nadukutan ka.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Haha sige salamat sa tulong. Sana gumana to, at 'di magkaproblema pag kumuha na ako ng non-pro dahil dalawa na permit ko.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jeocon10 View Post
    Haha sige salamat sa tulong. Sana gumana to, at 'di magkaproblema pag kumuha na ako ng non-pro dahil dalawa na permit ko.
    Sabihin mo hinde mo naman kasalanan kung madukutan ka sa LRT.

Of course, don't picture to them that you're somehow scared, confused and what not. Baka kasi kung ano nalang sabihin sayo etc. etc. Stay firm.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    OT lang: pardon my ignorance but, 17 pwde ng kumuha ng non pro license? all the while I thought it was 18
    my son kasi is turning 16 next year and i'm excited na magka driver na ako
    Last edited by greenlyt; July 19th, 2012 at 11:39 AM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Do they have records of student permits? Diba one can only get a non-pro at least a month after the student permit's issuance date?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i agree alam ko din kasi 18 ka dapat bago ka magkaroon ng license eh unless madami ka connections at madami ka pera na pwede mo ipalakad kaagad.

which means dahil sa mga ganyan madami mag license even those people who doesnt know how to write or read.

amp talaga :P

Quote Originally Posted by greenlyt View Post
    OT lang: pardon my ignorance but, 17 pwde ng kumuha ng non pro license? all the while I thought it was 18
    my son kasi is turning 16 next year and i'm excited na magka driver na ako

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast