New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This is on the Northbound lane. To be exact, the U-turn slot in front of SM Annex where you turn if you want to head to West Avenue.

I was northbound driving behind a Mitsubishi Adventure with no taillamps. It was 10pm on a Saturday night but the buses were still making their 'terminal' in front of SM Annex so me and the Adventure were pushed to the lane nearest the center island.

Of course we were not going to take the u-turn. So a good 50 meters or so before the u-turn slot, we started veering right again. Lo and behold, the MMDA guys hiding in the u-turn slot sprang into action and flagged us down [apparently for swerving?]. The Adventure stopped. I was overtaking the Adventure when another MMDA officer attempted to flag me down. I opened my window and before the MMDA guy could speak, inunahan ko na: "Pakitignan nga yung Adventure na iyan, walang mga ilaw sa likod."

MMDA officer looks at the Adventure, I drive away.

Natawa na lang si commander. Akala daw niya makokotongan kami.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    I was northbound driving behind a Mitsubishi Adventure with no taillamps. It was 10pm on a Saturday night but the buses were still making their 'terminal' in front of SM Annex so me and the Adventure were pushed to the lane nearest the center island
    nakita ko din ito kahit mejo late night na nandoon pa din sila ,iyon pala raket nila sa U-slot

doc,di ba may MC sila hindi ba nag attempt habulin ka ?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I pass by that spot everyday and have never been flagged down before though I've seen of other motorists get caught. Just don't stay at the innermost lane since that is reserved for those taking a u-turn.

If you don't want to get caught, start going to the right lane (away from the inner lane) just after the pedestrian overpass front SM North.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you don't want to get caught, start going to the right lane (away from the inner lane) just after the pedestrian overpass front SM North.
    This would've been nice and all but with a big chunk of a bus' a$$ blocking half the road, there was really nowhere else to go. I was driving in the middle lane before I got pushed to the side by the rolling coffins of Claire dela Fuente and her amigas.

di ba may MC sila hindi ba nag attempt habulin ka
    Yup, meron. Pero kapag kotong operations, they won't bother to go after you. Huhulihin na lang nila kasunod mo. Baka malugi pa sila sa gasolina kung makikipaghabulan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    naku, mga wais ang mga yan ... buti na lang mas wais ka.

thanks for reminding us. hirap atang makotongan.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    happened to me once same area, swerving din daw, dahil yung mga bus nasa 2nd inner most lane na ang patong patong, tapos dun nag baba at nag sakay... nung pinara ako nung pulis sabi ko sige intayin kita kunun mo lahat ng lisensya ng mga bus na yan, at isa isa ko pipirmahan mga ticket nila... pag di mo tiniketan yan idedemanda kita... list mo na rin name at mga info mo... para alam ko kung saan kita papahuli sa hepe mo... he just walked away... but i got his last name from his patch ang his patrol car number...

yan ang hirap sa mga pulis at mmda... pag PUV ang nang abala... nag hahanap buhay daw kasi... pag private huli agad... ano kala nila sa private motorist araw araw na lang namamasyal?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I regularly pass that U-turn slot after fetching my wife. Going to West Ave.

Napansin ko nga naglipana mga MMDA dun samantalang naka balagbag ang mga buses in front of Annex bldg. Swerving pala inaabangan ng mga itlog. Ako naman after ko bulabugin ang mga buses, pag-ikot ko sa slot
    tinuturo ko sa kanila location ng buses sa Annex. (para pansinin nila)

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by xto View Post
    I regularly pass that U-turn slot after fetching my wife. Going to West Ave.
    pare ,binaklas mo naman ang harang sa ginagawang kalye nyo

nilalabas mo naman si XTO,kahit di pa tapos pinatitigas na semento

ito rin ata ang mga kotong boys nang naka open pa ang EDSA/west ave. noon

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Meron din mga good na mmda trafik enforcer. Sa pink fence sa farmers cubao na trap ako with other private cars due to long line of buses. Yun mmda enforcer inangat yun pick fence (siguro na banga before kaya di na ka weld) at pinalabas mga cars papunta sa underpass. May their tribe increase.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks for the heads-up! :D

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Kotong Trap:  North EDSA [in front of SM Annex]